Search results

1. M

Mellanox ConnectX-4 LX (Lenovo Branded), $20 Shipped. (Edit: Sold Out)

If you don't mind my asking, are you planning to use these as drop in replacements for your CX2? If so, what are you using for cabling? I ask because the Cisco DACs that I'd used with my CX2 and CX3 didn't work with the CX4. I found that the super cheap AOI transceivers I was using in my...
  2. M

Weird behavior with XikeStor 10Gb SFP+ switches

If you're still having issues with your DACs, here's a (relatively cheap?) alternative for optical+fiber. Part of my troubleshooting issues turned out to be that the pretty common passive Cisco DACs that worked fine for me with all sorts of Mellanox cards (CX2, CX3, even Infiniband gear with...
  3. M

They’re available from multiple sellers on EBay. I was in no hurry so ordered this one from China for $3.99 that looks like it will fit. Tall full profile bracket for Mellanox cx4121a MCX4121A ACAT 25gbe EN | eBay
  4. M

That didn’t take long. STH Effect!
  5. M

I usually try to identify in the title if it’s U.S. only, but forgot this time. Apologies.
  6. M

ConnectX-4 LX, PCIe version with low profile bracket. These have a Lenovo Part Number (01GR253) & appear to be the same as MCX4121A-ACAT. $20 w/ free shipping. I bought two of these from this seller recently when they were at a higher price ($24.99). Mine came packed well and had the newest...
  7. M

$50: 1.9TB Micron 9200 Pro with Adapter

Looks like 712 items sold in total, but only 3 recent sales.
  8. M

I agree that there must be something wrong inside the switch that powers down when you plug in the console cable. The console cable is just a serial RJ45 to USB cable. They're USB powered, so almost no power in them. I'd misplaced mine when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my...
  9. M

Thank you! That seemed to be the issue. In rerouting cables in the rack and repositioning things, I'd unplugged it to move it. You can change things in the config menu, "apply" them, then log out and back in with a different IP, different VLANs, and with new credentials, all without the...
  10. M

Interesting to note. Mine was working perfectly until this morning, when I swapped existing connections to different ports while adding more devices to the switch. I couldn't get into the web interface afterwards to troubleshoot why one device wasn't connecting. Found this string when I was...
  11. M

Cheap 10Gb SFP+ enterprise gear - whats out there?

For my "remote rack", which is in the garage where noise and heat aren't as much an issue, I recently picked up a HP 5700 Series non-POE switch ( JG894A). When I was searching Ebay, it seemed that for many manufacturer's gear of a similar generation, the 48 port POE versions were more common...
  12. M

First Home Server Build | Tyan S7070A2NR-B (Not A Great Start...Please Assist...)

Well.....last gasp things to check? Unlikely, but....anything conductive on the test bench under the board that you may have missed? When testing with a single mem stick is it in Slot A0? GPU in PCIe Slot 4 or 6? (Slots 1 & 2 trace to CPU1 and Slot 5 is annotated in the manual "OEM/ODM"...so...
  13. M

First Home Server Build | Tyan S7070A2NR-B (Not A Great Start...Please Assist...)

Which version S7070? If one of the ones with IPMI ( S7070WGM2NR or S7070GM2NR), have you tried to log onto IPMI to see if there's any errors or other issues in the logs there? If you have IPMI, you may be able to power on there and get video via Remote Console in order to get into the Setup or...
  14. M

What in the ??? Binardat 4 Port 2.5G Switch with 2x10G SFP

Yeah, its kind of crazy. I recently got an 8 port all SFP+ 10Gb switch (XikeStor SKS8300-8x) that's about the same size as the Netgear 8 port Gigabit switch I keep in my spare parts box. ATM, there's two devices connected with Optical Transceivers and one on a passive DAC. It's drawing...
  15. M

I want one

I use an E302-9A as my pfSense box. Huge Spouse Approval Factor for 0 noise in our bedroom closet (where all the Internet and house Eth cables converge)
  16. M

Motherboard/CPU Advice for Simple File Server

The one marked #1, an the same side of the board as the 24 pin connector.
  17. M

Not me! I spend a lot there (too much TBH), but haven’t ever sold anything
  18. M

Yes, you are correct. My mistake. Just to make sure I'm thinking correctly in this case though (even if my assertions on slot specifications is incorrect), and not that it matters to OP any more, since they returned the board: OP had the ATX 24 Pin and an 8 Pin 12v connector attached. So six...
  19. M

Probably better off. The support was super spotty. At one point, they put up a BIOS update to fix an issue and it made everything unstable. They wound up pulling it down. Lots of little things that could get worked out, but not everyone wants to fiddle with their hardware. The Xeon D you...