Search results

1. S

Why would M.2 to U.2 adapters only work on slots that are mapped to the CPU on AMD's AM5 platform?

in the very first sentence of the post i mention that this was an unraid computer. it's running unraid, which is Linux. and no, they don't show up in unraid either when plugged into slots mapped to the chipset
  2. S

Why would M.2 to U.2 adapters only work on slots that are mapped to the CPU on AMD's AM5 platform?

well, poop. maybe i'm not packing enough horse shoes. which U.2 drives do you guys use? all the motherboards i used were X670E chipset motherboards. the board currently in the system is the Asus ProArt X670E-CREATOR. i tried multiple proart boards. i have 3 of them right now. but i also tried...
  3. S

hello, i recently "upgraded" my unraid box from 11th gen intel to AMD AM5 (wanted more cores for docker). my SSD cache drives are enterprise U.2 drives that I connected to the M.2 slots using some gigabyte M.2 to U.2 adapters. on intel platforms these work in every M.2 slot, regardless of...
  4. S

looking for a compact mATX case for DIY NAS

hello, i need to build a compact NAS that can support at least 4 3.5" HDDs and 3-4 U.2 SSDs, i need it to have front air intake i have spent the last 3 days looking online, but the best candidate is the Thermaltake Core G3, BUT, that case uses a stupid verticle GPU mount which makes all but 1...
  5. S

Need help determining if an Intel X550-T2 is real of fake. speed issues

i was moving 100+ GB encrypted drive images, which is why i got this card in the first place. i was actually testing this card by plugging two computers directly into each other without a switch. so, turns out that the NIC is fine, but one of my brand new Samsung 970 PRO SSDs was a lemon. it...
  6. S

Need help determining if an Intel X550-T2 is real of fake. speed issues

hello. i picked up an Intel X550-T2 on newegg and i'm having some problems with it. it starts out at about 1.1GB/s but then suddenly plummets to as low as 30MB/s stays there for a little while, then goes to 800MB/s+ again. im outside the return period. the card was made in 2017 and doesn't...