Search results

1. mattr

Can't Get Over 400MB/s On One Workstation...

I have a bunch of machines all connected to a US-16-XG. They are all using Supermicro AOC-STGN cards. They all hit 700-800MB/s consistently except the Xeon E3-1285v6/X11SSM-F machine. Copying files to the file servers is my concern here. The Xeon E3 machine is stuck at 400MB/s. I've swapped...
  2. mattr

Can't Boot from Onboard SATA on X8DTH

I have an X8DTH motherboard and I just installed freenas to a SATADOM plugged into the board. However, the SATA ports aren't even listed in the BIOS as being an option to boot from. It only allows me to boot from the LSI HBA. Any ideas how to boot from the SATA ports?
  3. mattr

FS: Supermicro X8DTH-6F, 2x L5630 and 2x SNK-P0038P

Shipping available for US only. PayPal only please. I have a used X8DTH-6F with a pair of L5630 CPUs installed and 2x SNK-P0038P. Looking for $250 shipped.
  4. mattr

Unable to login through IPMI

New to me X8DTH-6F with latest BIOS and IPMI firmware. The issue exists prior to and after upgrading BIOS/Firmware. I'm able to get to the login screen, enter user name and password and hit the login button and nothing happens. If I try to reload the page it takes 5 minutes or so to reload. I'm...
  5. mattr

L5640 still a worthy storage option?

From what I've known the L5640 seems to balance everything really well at a fantastic price. I see a lot of people talking about upgrading from the 56xx series to newer systems to save on cost and it got me scratching my head while I'm trying to pick a new storage server. The cost to jump up to...
  6. mattr

FS: Dell Perc H310, Dell Perc H200, IBM M1015

$100 /ea shipped in US Paypal Each card is flashed to 9211-8i IT mode I have 1 Perc H310, 2 Perc H200 and 1 IBM M1015
  7. mattr

HP P400 why so cheap on eBay?

I've used a lot of P400/P410 but only with RAID1. But from my experience they've been pretty solid and decent performance. Does anyone have experience with these cards configured in RAID5? I figure they must perform horribly in RAID5 or something since I can find tons of them in the $10~$15 range.
  8. mattr

LSI SAS9211 no Power Management options

I have a LSI SAS9211-4i that doesn't show the power management options in the MSM (13.04.03.01). I have a Dell Perc H310 in the same machine that does show the power management options. Dell: LSI: Any ideas on how to get the power management options to show up in the LSI card...