Search results

1. K

X11SPi-TF can't install Server 2019

I am building a new system with a Supermicro X11SPi-TF and a Xeon Silver 4208. I am trying to install Windows Server 2019 but can't seem to get past the Load Drivers stage. The system has two SSD and two HD. The SSD are plugged into the two sSATA ports and the HD are plugged into the first two...
  2. K

Cooling the CPU, X11SDV-4C-TLN2F

I have a X11SDV-4C and am also looking for a solution to the CPU cooling. Right now I am using cardboard to duct air from a 12cm fan at the front of the case over the heatsink. I really like the platform but it's really too bad they don't make a + version of the 4C... In the summer I was...
  3. K

Solution to Supermicro/LSI/Intel RAID hell

Hi all, Thanks for the information. I am going to setup a new home server soon so maybe I will check out Proxmox or ESXi. I used ESX about ten years ago when Hyper-V had a hard time virtualizing Linux and BSD but never used it again once Microsoft got their act together with other OS support...
  4. K

Solution to Supermicro/LSI/Intel RAID hell

Hi all, last few months have been storage hell with RAID issues on a number of servers I look after. Clearly I am doing something wrong and I'm hoping this is a safe place to ask for some advice. Back story: I have looked after a dozen or so "small business" servers for over fifteen years with...