Search results

1. I

Tyan Motherboard fails to POST

Update: There was no available retail stock of Xeon E3 CPUs in Australia until just today. While waiting for CPU stock I decided to resolve this once and for all - I ordered another S5510GM3NR motherboard. It arrived today. I just installed the original CPU and one piece or memory. Drum...
  2. I

Well I tried the S5510GM3NR with a Thermaltake Litepower 500W PSU. No change. Exactly the same result. Fans briefly spin on and off again. I think I can safely say this mb is dead.
  3. I

As a final PSU test, I hooked it up to a Corsair HX1000 ... Same result. Fans briefly turn. No sensor readings. IPMI somewhat works.
  4. I

Hmmmmm.... The IPMI shows nothing on any sensors. (With or without CPU or memory) I don't have any other system to test the CPU on. Would the CPU sensors show anything if it doesn't POST ? Since you are reviewing this MB, can you test this with a Seasonic PSU and no CPU. Do the sensors show...
  5. I

Well I just replaced the PSU with a new Seasonic X-760 and no change. The motherboard still wont power up other than the IPMI. No beeps. With memory, or no memory. No difference. Just one green LED on constantly and one brief flash of a red LED below the CPU power connector. The CPU fan just...
  6. I

Well I gave up on the X-560 when it started making clicking noises... Unfortunately I have no spare PSU to use. Plus after spending most of yesterday messing around with the thing (ie. cursing)... I am waiting on a Seasonic X-760 which should arrive tomorrow. So that should sort it out one way...
  7. I

I ened up with a E3-1270, Tyan S5510GM3NR, 16 GB Crucial memory, Seasonic X-560 PSU in a Antec mini P180 case. It worked for a whole twenty minutes. The KVM was working. Then it goes through the similar power on of the fans, a few flashes of LEDs and then the PSU clicks and it starts again. I...
  8. I

Intel C202, C204, C206 Xeon E3 Bromolow Motherboards Thread

I am in the process of ordering parts for an intended VMware ESXi 4.1 server for home/test/study. So far I have started ordering from the USA: Tyan S5512GM4NR motherboard Crucial 16G (2x CT2KIT51272BA1339) memory I haven't decided on a case+PSU yet. I haven't been able to find any of...