Search results

1. N

Can't configure Raid 5 on poweredge C6100 with onboard controller.

Hi, STH~ I'm using Poweredge C6100 server and it doesn't have any external raid controller card but just on board software controller, which is ICH10R. I tried to configure raid 5 with 3 SATA3 hard disks inserted based on Windows2012 datacenter OS. When I tried on 64KB, an Error Occurred...
  2. N

I need some advice on naming my company.

Hi, guys. I work for a small data center in South Korea. My boss is planning to establish local subsidiary in U.S, and he wants me to come up with a good, catchy company name for that. I think he doesn't want to have the same name from here because the purpose of establishing local company...
  3. N

LSI megaraid SAS 9260-8i

Hi, buddies. I've been struggling with configuring raid controller on my dell C1100 server. It has 2.5" 10 bays and plus LSI Megaraid 9260-8i SAS controller. Normally raid controller detects which hhds and level should be subject to configuration and then shows maximum capacity of hhds that...
  4. N

Supermicro server power comes, but nothing on screen.

Hi, everyone. I have refurbished 1U Supermicro Twin Server SC809T-980B (2 nodes), and the spec is below. Each Node has: Supermicro X7DWT-INF Server 2x Intel Xeon E5345 CPU 16GB RAM LSI MegaRAID 8888-ELP RAID Card 4x 2.5" Hard Drive Caddy SIMSO+ IPMI management card Just as the...
  5. N

Anyone who knows about some document called "CD certificate"?

Hi everyone. My company bought a refurbished CISCO switch on ebay from U.S. Unfortunately, according to the customs law here, every product over $1000 should be reported to the customs office. Especially, for any electrical device, I have to get a certificate of the product from government...
  6. N

Dell Poweredge C6100 memory configuration problem

Hi, everyone. I'm using Dell Poweredge C6100 server(4 nodes) and there has been a problem with configuring Memories. As you know each node has 12 dimm slots, 6 on each side. The other day I put 3 memory chips on each side, which is 6 total, but the system didn't recognize and blue screen with...
  7. N

How to roll back firmware ?

I've been using Dell Poweredge c6100 L5520 model server and I ordered a few more from refurbishing company. However the BMC firmware was different version this time, the latest edition. Here's some info about the bios and firmware ver. - VBIOS 0.90.7a - AMIBIOS ver1.70(based v02.69) build...