Search results

1. N

Emerson Power Supply vs. Arista Emerson Power Supply

The command asks for an input something like x.y. I always get an error: [admin@arista ~]$ sudo idseeprom -d 1.23 read =============== Exception raised in 'python /usr/bin/idseeprom -d 1.23 read ' (PID 3589; PPI D 3587) =============== Traceback (most recent call last)...
  2. N

It appears that Arista has their own Python script called "idseeprom" designed to read EEPROM's. The syntax is "idseeprom -d <bus address> read. Since I could not find the right synax for the bus address I used the following "sudo idseeprom -d all read" and received some binary mess including a...
  3. N

[admin@arista ~]$ i2cdetect -l i2c-0 unknown SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 6000 N/A i2c-1 unknown SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 6000 N/A i2c-2 unknown SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 6000 N/A i2c-3 unknown SMBus PIIX4 adapter at 6000...
  4. N

I already purchased the correct PSU's and Arista switch works properly now. I was just curious to find out more about this specific power supply. I definitely learned something from your message (thank you), I was not aware that they had some kind of EEPROM, but even on its official page, it...
  5. N

Hi, Would anyone know the difference between a normal 460W Emerson power supply, and the Emerson power supply that is sold only for Arista switches? Ordered some over e-bay and it turned out they were not recognized by the Arista switch. The switch powered up, but had some issues recognizing...
  6. N

Mellanox ethernet switch

Thanks for the comments. I updated the list to include the FS.COM switch. I think Cisco SMB switch is for now my favorite. Does anyone know how loud Cisco Nexus 3524 is and if it gets shipped with base license only? I would love to have one IOS switch and one NX-OS switch, but most probably it...
  7. N

Mellanox ethernet switch

Hi, I was scouting for days for a good SFP+ ethernet 10G switch online and found many products, however, not many match my requirements, namely low power consumption and low noise. I managed to find one which does not seem to appear almost anywhere, either on E-bay or advertised through forums...