Search results

1. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Long shot but I don't suppose anyone has a 7250-24 PoE board that they'd be willing part with? Finally managed to pick a 7250 up off ebay after waiting 9 months for one to come up with a non-daft price (they're very rare here in the UK it seems) and it's got a blown PD69208 chip on the PoE...
  2. B

Fortunately I've got everything in a rack in the garage so noise isn't a massive concern, I'll probably regret making this statement but they can't be much louder than the the Brocade FC switches I've got :confused:. Unfortunatly they still go for £1k+ here so I won't be getting one for a...
  3. B

Yeh I'm the guy from reddit. I agree with you for the money they're a decent switch, they just have some foibles like anything else. I'd probably rather have a Nexus 3064 but they're 3-4x the price and will come with another set of drawbacks to work around. It's good to hear that they're still...
  4. B

It's immaturity, probably driven by a lack of development focus/effort/priority. Plenty of other mainstream vendors supported these concepts on older platforms that reached EoL before the 6610 did. /126 is pretty standard for P2P links when you don't want to burn /64s (and avoid neighbor...
  5. B

I'd agree with the immaturity with v6 from my experience, so far I've run into: 1. /126 subnets don't work properly. A 6610 will only work as when assigned the second address, anything else results in 'bad scope' errors. They do work correctly on a 6450 though these use a different...
  6. B

Picked myself up a 6450 as a gateway to a 6610 hopefully, after years of Cisco the CLI is just similar/different enough to be annoying :p. I see that OSPFv3 is supported on a 6450 in a mixed stack where I presume it works just as a FEX and all the management plane functions are ran from the...