Search results

1. B

Epyc 9334 qs over 7950x for vfx and 3d

Sweet setup, it looks very expensive though. I am trying to transition my career from architectural / construction visualisation to vfx. Tyflow, houdini, nuke, max, maybe some blender, unreal, and the new ambergen / liquidgen . Many of those software's are CUDA heavy though. According to...
  2. B

Epyc 9334 qs over 7950x for vfx and 3d

Hello servethehome fans! I am looking to build vfx workstation this year, and I came across above epyc in qs version on eBay for roughly the same price 150usd + or - as the 7950x new. Now, would it be crazy to go for qs sample and risk inconsistent performance? I actually have messaged...
  3. B

Unable to reformat Samsung Netapp pm1643 drive to 512. Device internal reset

Sorry, that was a typo what I meant was from 52 to 54. I though updating firmware will fix the issue. I fired up ubunutu live cd and run this command: sudo smartctl --all /dev/sde -d cciss,4 smartctl 7.2 2020-12-30 r5155 [x86_64-linux-5.19.0-32-generic] (local build) Copyright (C) 2002-20...
  4. B

@UhClem I have already tried setblocksize, unfortunately, same issue. It looks like device resets on format command.
  5. B

Hi @EasyRhino, thanks for suggestion. I will give it a go once i get home. I was thinking it might be a security feature of the drive but who knows, i think I've got done on ebay. :rolleyes: Anyway I did reformat similar drives using this controller so most likely its not the cause of this issue.
  6. B

Hi, I have spent good amount of time researching this topic, but unfortunately I haven't found a similar problem here on this forum. I am trying to reformat Samsung drive Netapp model number: X357_S16433T8ATE with sg tools and hp hba h240. I successfully managed to update firmware from NA2 to...
  7. B

EXPIRED QuantaMesh BMS T4048-IX8 - Broadcom oem variant 6 x 100/ 48 x 25gbe switch for sub 600$

Switch itself is semi loud. Power usage according to datasheet is 225w. I haven't checked real power consumption on my pdu yet. I wonder if with the other os'es it's possible to bring the usage down a bit and quiet the fans a little. But fans are blowing a lot of heat and there are a lot of...
  8. B

EXPIRED QuantaMesh BMS T4048-IX8 - Broadcom oem variant 6 x 100/ 48 x 25gbe switch for sub 600$

I've been hunting for 100gbe switch for a while just to play with. And i have managed to find this switch. The person below sells it for a fraction of the original retail price. Quanta IX8 BES-53248A1-G1-16E1 System 8 Bit Port Network Switch 115200 Baud Rate | eBay I purchesed the same switch...
  9. B

Nokia WBX 210 32x-100gbe QSFP28 switch

Yes I did return it, sadly did not get the opportunity to try what @Labs has shared :( . How did you get hold of the firmware? It got to the point I was spamming nokia people on the LinkedIn. Anyway considering recent price hikes in electricity here in the uk I just cannot justify running that...
  10. B

I kind of expected this could happen too. Who needs 100gig at home anyway? I am not even an IT professional. I don't have any workloads that would require such capabilities. I am CGI artist by trade and I use my network to tie up all the render machines to combine compute and also for storage...
  11. B

@darkfader , Yeah, I ended up getting back ONIE. It turns out ONIE was booting on legacy bios setting. Ubuntu installation just switched the booting method to UEFI. Once I switched booting to legacy I was able to access the ONIE. I tried installing SONIC later on, it did install but no switch...
  12. B

oh great now I think I messed up onie, it won't allow me to boot to it after recovery.
  13. B

I think nokia wbx is a weird case, because if you had ability to run sonic or onl on it how can they justify charges for Nuage. anyhow got the Ubuntu running on it. it behaves like regular pc asic is listed in the lshw under Ethernet controllers. however is not listed under ip addr. I shall...
  14. B

Hmm, yeah. Not an easy win here. Nuage license/image cost 15k haha. I've messed about with it for few hours. And... It turns out I have an access to uefi bios. I can boot from USB and completely omit the ONIE. I tried Ubuntu install over thumb drive. it went through with display over serial...
  15. B

Hello STH I have recently purchased the above switch from local recycling company, knowing that this switch runs ONIE I was mistakenly thinking I can install any Linux network distro, but unfortunately it's not possible, it looks like it's only supports Nuage. Did I just got a useless high-end...
  16. B

The second socket of the dual C621/3647 AWS motherboard failed to boot. It has no documentation, what to do?

dalao Thank you for the photo, I think I have completely different revision. I have another question to ask: My board is 445mm wide and I cant find anything that would fit it, seeing as it was made to mount in 21inch server. Is your board as wide as mine? Have you figure out what case you are...
  17. B

Help me to identify this mystery LGA3647 FOXXCON board.

I think I found an answer to my own question. It looks like the board is from an amazon outpost rack server.
  18. B

The second socket of the dual C621/3647 AWS motherboard failed to boot. It has no documentation, what to do?

Hi dalao, Ive got close looking motherboard last week I wonder if its also amazon part that would accept those off road map xeons. Would you mind sharing photo of S/N sticker ?