Search results

1. I

Similar 1U enclosure with 2x SFF-8088 for daisy-chaining?

Thank you for the offer of testing the LSI switch. I have been speaking with the owner about various possibilities and KISS is having an impact. There's still several weeks before I get started so things might still change but it looks like the two EliteSTORs mounted vertically will be the...
  2. I

Thank you for the reply. I have seen the LSI switch while doing research for this project, but I think we'll have to drop that idea because of the "it should work" aspect. The daisy chains wouldn't have been that long as I was going to use a 4-port LSI controller to limit the chain to no more...
  3. I

Greetings, I have been asked to set up and install a storage server but due to constraints related to available space and esthetics in the ongoing renovation, the home network is being installed in a wallmount rack. I have a total of 21U vertical space but depth from front of rack to wall is...
  4. I

Need NAS Advice - Is there anything better than Synology?

Greetings, Synology's DS1513+, DS1812+ and 1813+ hit all ten bullets you've listed. WordPress and Joomla (and Drupal plus many other packages) run though there are some minor configuration tweaks to be done to Apache and PHP before all the automated stuff works properly. The expansion bays are...