Search results

1. D

LSI RAID Controller - HBA Equivalency Mapping

Yes, you can swap around both versions (older/newer) and LSI/dell/whatever. I've posted some info in this thread about how you go about doing it.
  2. D

Win7x64 has really ancient drivers for that card, perhaps try downloading the latest LSI drivers (use the 9211-8i) and use the "load drivers" option ? ;)
  3. D

Yep, thats what I did. But I then went further and flashed the pure LSI -IT fw. But I have the 6GBPS firmware as backup for future uses. Cheers for confirmation.
  4. D

Any recommendations on a PCI-e 2.0 4 port SATA controller

Any highpoint or SIL 4 port sata controller should work. If you are looking for quality stuff, probably any LSI_SAS2008 controller should work, cheaply from ebay, like the Perc H200A, or the IBM variant (ML 1015 I think ?). They are quite cheap, supported by windows and linux by default, and...
  5. D

It's the same chip, any of those would work. the L4 is a 4port card, the LP is just "low profile". All of them are likely the same actual firmware.
  6. D

Intel RES2SV240 24-port SAS2 Expander Wiki

Finally, the card I've been waiting for has been released. http://www.chenbro.com/corporatesite/products_detail.php?sku=187 the LSI SAS2 36 port chipset, with both two external connectors. Now, to find somewhere to buy it :)
  7. D

Some extra info regarding Perc H200A / LSI SAS 2008: if you want to flash directly from Dell software to LSI software -IT, you have to flash with a older flasher (the one in the dell packages works), as the newer LSI sas2flsh does not work. The LSI 9211-8i has a problem that it does not work...
  8. D

Yes. But it's tricky as hell. You can't flash the Dell-IR fw with LSI-IT directly and make it work. I have found a Dell IT firmware (Using the firmware from their 6GBPS SAS HBA update file). You also can't flash the LSI fw if you do a erase on the Card (then when flashing the LSI fw, you get a...
  9. D

Hi! I bought 3 Perc H200, but unfortunately, mine came with -IR firmware. Any chance you would be up to posting your -IT firmware, so I can flash that ? I would be really grateful. I am intending to use the card as a ZFS / Jbod host, and don't need the extra utility of -IR. Plus I am not sure...