Search results

1. A

Solaris (OmniOS) w/ Napp-It ZPool Share Permissions for CIFS [Solved]

Hello future Google searchers. Hopefully the title change will let you find this and save you some headache. Napp-It's ACL doesn't seem to apply to the Zpool. When you click on a Pool, it asks you to select a dataset for setting permissions but doesn't appear to do anything from the GUI for the...
  2. A

Just some extra notes: From a windows computer, the following command works: > net view \\nexus Shared resources at \\nexus Share name Type Used as Comment ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- test Disk The command completed successfully...
  3. A

So I've run into this weird hangup that I'm pretty sure comes down to permissions. Fresh install using latest stable Omni with Napp-It free just for the GUI. NFS is setup and working fine on the one dataset I need it. I'm trying to now get Samba working on the other sets. This is the log of...
  4. A

OmniOSce and Napp-It ACL Settings

No, I meant what I said. Please see the pictures in the imgur library in the link at the end of my last post. SMB is what the feature is called in the Napp-It menu. The menu is literally "ACL of SMB share <name$>" in the title.
  5. A

I understood that part, what I meant was about the menus and how they don't behave. ACL on Folders works fine, no issues. ACL on Samba does not. The menu randomly changes the username and group if you attempt to modify them from Napp-It, and some of the selectors don't work in the popup menu for...
  6. A

Thanks for the help. Any idea about the menus / ACL SMB Share menu issues? Or is it not worth the bother because of using Windows ACL? Currently using Home version of Windows as my daily driver so difficult to make changes, was able to circumvent a little bit by adding the Windows user mapping...
  7. A

Okay, readx seems to work. That page on the napp-it site just needs an update then since this: ...is not accurate.
  8. A

So giving OmniOS/Napp-It a try and running into real bugbears of problems. Most of the threads I've googled for are about permission setting, but I don't feel mine is in the same vein. These look more like bugs. So I have setup OmniOS with Napp-It by USB install for OmniOS, setup a pfexec user...