Search results

1. C

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

Brilliant, that's good to know. My M920q has arrived and I've installed proxmox and got opnsense installed, just waiting for a riser card which I'd already ordered and I can play around with an old Intel NIC I have lying around before I make a final call on what direction I'm going to go. Some...
  2. C

Oh, if I'd seen that I might have opted for a M910q instead. Definitely an option I could consider. Any experience with either passing it through to an opnsense VM on proxmox or using it as a paravirtualised card in proxmox?
  3. C

Answered my own question about whitelisting, no idea how I missed that last night when I posted. That's pretty nifty, these tiny machines are so versatile it's amazing. I like the idea of this solution from a "it's very cool" perspective and space/airflow but I'm struggling to see how I'd...
  4. C

Would that mean the slot isn't then available for a NVME drive? Or would this be going where the Wireless card should go? I did think about this. Just not sure how to go about attaching it to the chassis
  5. C

Thank you, that's really useful information. Appreciate the detailed reply and pointers in how to fit it properly when I come to replace things.
  6. C

Appreciate the reply, I'll get one ordered then!
  7. C

I've just purchased an M920q with the aim of making an opnsense box (virtualised on top of proxmox) and had a couple of questions, whilst from all the reading here I can see that an Intel I350 quad NIC card works, I don't really need that many ports and am trying to minimise power consumption so...
  8. C

ES Xeon Discussion

I'd find a different seller if that were me...... Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  9. C

Bang for buck v4 ES proc

I recently build a dual E5-2630v4 ES QK3G on a Supermicro X10DRL-I and have been really pleased with it. There's a megathread somewhere here about Engineering Samples which is well worth a read and researching exactly what chips you're buying. Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
  10. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks mate, appreciate the second pair of eyes on it! Have checked and VMX is enabled so hopefully I'll be good.
  11. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi everyone, this has been a great thread to learn from and I'd like a quick sanity check please. Have bought a Supermicro X10DRL-I and looking for a couple of CPUs to put in it. Use case is going to be my homeserver based on Unraid. (Haven't decided yet whether to go ESXI and run Unraid as...