Search results

1. levifig

Is it possible? - TMM iGPU multi-display in Proxmox

I'm gonna guess the video you saw was from a lady also trying to sell her "Proxmox consulting services" right? If so, be forewarned: it's a scam. Furthermore, you can achieve that, but you'll need 3 GPUs on the system, and at least one needs to be macOS compatible. FWIW, I've been pursuing...
  2. levifig

Synology/Xpenology on DIY Box… Reliable? Powerful?

It was mostly fine but I was never able to get 10Gbps working so I ended up moving (back) to plain ol' ZFS running on the Proxmox host directly, with a container running the SMB3/NFS shares. I definitely miss some of the niceties of XPenology but, since I'm pretty comfortable with ZFS/Linux, I...
  3. levifig

NVMe: 2.5" SFF drives working in a normal desktop

FWIW, I tried a Hyper M.2 card on my WS X299 SAGE (which has PLX chips) and I could not get it to work properly, no matter what I did. Ended up returning it and I'm going with 2x M.2 drives, in 2.5 enclosures, and using the U.2 ports + cables. Not a cheap solution, since the cables and...
  4. levifig

[FS][US-IA] LAB PART OUT: Supermicro 836, X9DR7-LN4F, E5-2680v2, E3-1280, 8x16GB DDR3, Intel DC SSDs

I have debated that quite a bit myself. I like seeing sold prices but I've historically removed them out of respect for other sellers. I think a sale needs to be determined by an "offer" and "demand: if a buyer finds the price fair, they shouldn't be kept away from the sale just because they saw...
  5. levifig

[FS][US-IA] LAB PART OUT: Supermicro 836, X9DR7-LN4F, E5-2680v2, E3-1280, 8x16GB DDR3, Intel DC SSDs

Sold Supermicro 836 chassis (+ extras), X9DR7-LN4F, and 2x E5-2680v2 to laserdaddy. He drove up to pick them up and we chatted for a good 45m. Fine gentleman and a pleasure to meet. Thank you for driving up and for the great conversation! o/
  6. levifig

Ooops, didn't realize I linked to the sub, not the post… Here you go: [USA-IA] [H] i9-7900X, i7-7820X, Rampage VI Apex, G.Skill TridentZ B-Die (RGB) RAM, EK/Heatkiller/etc Watercooling Gear, & More [W] Verified PayPal, Local/Cash, FREE : hardwareswap o/
  7. levifig

That is correct, it's a v1. Hit me up with a PM for more info and so we can check shipping prices and stuff... :)
  8. levifig

Parting out my entire homelab, moving soon; keeping only my hard drives. Feel free to make an offer, especially if buying multiple items.Prices are fairly firm, but combo purchases will soften the blow! Timestamps include assembled components ATM, but I'll update them with more detailed...
  9. levifig

For now, just created 4x1TB raw images and used those. I just wanted to test the process. I'm pretty familiar with Hackintosh, and this feels a lot like that… ;) So you're running baremetal right? I didn't need to do any of that with the VM and Jun's loader. I'm using Hyper Backup (backing up...
  10. levifig

ESXi 6.7U2, OSX Mojave, GPU Passthrough

You're probably going to need to use Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext to get that card going. For macOS outside of Apple hardware, even if virtualized, I highly recommend you run Clover as bootloader. Basically, you're looking at running a "Hackintosh on ESXi", not "macOS on ESXi", so all the...
  11. levifig

Alright: so I managed to install Xpenology/DSM 6.2 on a Proxmox VM. Only "complaint" right now is that I can't assign it all 20 cores. I disabled hyper-threading, but I can only assign it 16 cores max. I was hoping to give it all my server's "juice" and manage VMs and Docker inside of it. I...
  12. levifig

FS: SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX w/ Case

Not really in the market for this but, FWIW, I did the same thing: went to pf/opnSense and then back to MikroTik. I actually ended up going with MikroTik CHR. You could totally run that on this rig, on a VM, and even run other network-related VMs alongside it (MikroTik is so darn lightweight)...
  13. levifig

Yeah, I don't mean DSM itself using all of the horsepower, but having it available for VMs, Docker, etc… Just trying to avoid installing a hypervisor just to do that stuff... though it seems like ESXi for snapshots/backups of DSM might be a better solution. Would still rather avoid that…...
  14. levifig

That should be fine. I plan to keep my main array to 10-12 drives max. Will probably stick to the current 8 that I have… I'm usually a "bleeding edge" kinda guy, but that has been less and less true the older I get. For one, I'm used to not being able to update to the latest and greatest right...
  15. levifig

Hey all, I've been running a DIY Proxmox NAS/VM server for over a year. I custom built one, based on an Supermicro 836 chassis, added a dual E5-2680v2 setup, and 128GB RAM. It's been fun to mess with it. At first FreeNAS on ESXi, and then moved to Proxmox, with ZFS on Linux, natively on...
  16. levifig

ASUS WS C621E SAGE custom bios with xeon es

OOOOOORRRRRRRRRRR he was able to afford those because he "saved" on the CPUs? xD
  17. levifig

ASUS WS C621E SAGE custom bios with xeon es

Judging by the system in your sig, I assume you got this to work?!!?! :o