Search results

1. R

IB Question

If I were to purchase a MHGH28-XTC (£55) for a storage server, and then 2xQlogic QLE7140's (£25) for the Hyper-V hosts and a couple of cables, would I be able to use the two ports on the MGH28-XTC to break out to get 10Gb to each of the Qlogic cards? If this is possible, I should be able...
  2. R

G2020 - good enough for SMB3.0 file server & SCVMM?

Ok cool, thanks Mike.. I'm hoping that the g2020 will do for now, and seen as though you had it running on a CULV I should be alright. Also with Haswell coming out soon I'm hoping that people in the UK get the itch and upgrade giving the 2nd hand market an influx of IVB\SB CPUs so I can bump it...
  3. R

Meh, just bought the 6i (came with cables, bbu etc) from reviews it looked as if I'd be able to rinse 230MB\s out of it which will saturate a bonded gbe nic well enough. I had thought about getting an old server but the noise\power consumption put me away from the idea, plus I'll be putting it...
  4. R

Heyas, I'm building a low powered server for doing CSV volumes for a 2 node Hyper-V cluster lab, and I was looking at using a G2020 because it's £45 retail, I'd also like to whack on to this SCVMM 2012 SP1 with a SQL instance attached too, the entire specs of the box will be as follows: Intel...