Search results

1. 9

2U Short JBOD Disk shelf - SAS3

Looking for approx 12 drives disk shelf supporting SAS3 backplane. Don't need to install m/b. Just for power supply and drives. Current setup is becoming a hot mess with cables connecting to drives. What are the options? I read somewhere a regular chassis can be mod to run with m/b.
  2. 9

Crossflash Dell H330 to HBA330

Found the web archive for the cross flashing instructions. Link to the zipped file is not working. Looking for SMC3108.rom file as detailed in step4 of the instructions. Any idea where to download? 4. Now, Flash the H330 card with the SMC3108.rom. Type: megacli -adpfwflash -f...
  3. 9

Sliding rail kit for Dell R240

Dell static rails kit A4 is listed for R240. Are they compatible sliding rails kit ? Anyone use one before?
  4. 9

Trunas backup server

Looking at this Setup as a backup server. Any cons? Planning to add 3-4 3.5” or 2.5” drives and 10Gig network card
  5. 9

X11SSH-CTF alternative

What is the alternative to X11SSH-CTF? If LSI3008 and SFP+ are required in Matx or mitx size? Or what is the upgrade path? Max cores 8.
  6. 9

SAS SSD or Nmve SSD

While persuing ebay for SAS SSD drives to add a new vdev, came across nmve SSD in 2.5" format which is slightly cheaper. Current set of drives is hanging off HBA330. Board do not have oculink ports. Will be better to acquire Oculink Pcie card? Or its better to stick with SAS SSD using...
  7. 9

Mini SAS SFF-8643 to U.2 SFF-8639 breakout cable.

Looking for miniSAS to U2 nmve U2 breakout cable. Mini SAS SFF-8643 to U.2 SFF-8639. But only found 1-1 cable like Amazon or ebay. Planning on attached 3-4 HSGT SSD to remaining open mini SAS port.
  8. 9

Samsung PM983 dropped out of ESXi 7

Picked up Samsung PM983 recently and used it for a few months. It dropped out of ESXi 7.0 yesterday without warning. CrystalDisk reported good health as before but space reported is off. It should be 960GB. What can caused it to drop off?
  9. 9

refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7050 Desktops starting at $115

Dell Refurbished has refurbished Dell OptiPlex 7050 Desktops with coupon code 7050DELL4U as low as $115 with shipping. Dell refurbished.
  10. 9

Can Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S negotiate at 1Gbps?

I have a Supermicro AOC-STGN-I2S dual SFP+ installed in Lenovo m920q. Port 0 is connected to 10 Gbps switch port and Port 1 is connected to 1 Gbps switch port. Port 0 works fine in Pfsense but not port 1. No carrier status for Port 1. At the switch, the port is set to negotiate at 1 Gbps...
  11. 9

Mini SAS to SAS cable - SFF-8647

Looking to add a new 12 Gbps SAS drives to spare mini connector on HBA330. Currently using SFF-8647 for SATA drives. Can I use the same type cables for SAS drives? also what options to add more power connectors? Are power splitters safe to use on SAS SSD drives?
  12. 9

Chenbro 4U

I have a Chenbro RM42300 4U chassis mounted on rosewill rail kit The rail slides without issue until the server is mounted. the back of the chassis will not slide pass the front of the rack. I can’t find what is causing the jam. Any ideas what to check?
  13. 9

ESX 7.0 & Samsung PM963

Picked up a samsung mz-1lw9600. But esx 7.0 does not detect the nmve drive. Seems like it is not support anymore. Is it possible to load the old drivers? esx compatible link
  14. 9

Super micro AOC STGN-2IS

I found 2 cards of different dimensions. Other than bracket profile. I did not find documentation about the shorter card. Longer card. Vs Shorter card Manual
  15. 9

Samsung PM853T drives too old?

Are Samsung PM853T drives too old? Looking to acquire 3x SSD 1TB drives to create another vdev. Or go with Intel S3700?
  16. 9

vlan traffic not getting into esx host?

I have an esxi 7.0 host connected to aruba switch 1930. Using wireshark to trace mirrored traffic, port is receiving vlan traffic. However no vlan traffic is captured when using pktcap-uw to trace vlan traffic on vmnic. Only 1 nic is connected to the host. VLAN ID for port group is 4095...
  17. 9

Ubiquiti SFP transceivers and OM3 cable

Selling 2 pack Ubiquiti SFP transceivers and OM3 multimode LC-LC 1m cable $15 plus shipping.
  18. 9

Unable to access host

I made a mistake of adding a NIC which was enabled for passthrough to one of the vswitch. Now I'm unable to access the ESXi management. Tried to removing the NIC but still the same result. Host is setup with static IP. Connecting directly to the box was not successful. Is there a way to...
  19. 9

Mellanox Connectx-3 passthru

I have a single port SFP+ card stuck in Enabled/Reboot Needed after reboot multiple times. Tried to toggle enable/disable a few times but nothing changed. can this be a firmware or driver issues? Anyone encounter this before?
  20. 9

WTB - Full height bracket for AOC-STGN-i2S

Looking 1 Supermicro Standard Full-Height Bracket for AOC-STGN-i2S AOC-STGN-i1S