Search results

1. A

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

According to intel i7-12700T in the M90Q Gen 3 supports a maximum of 128GB RAM. I just picked up a pair of 48GB SODIMMs and will test them this evening.
  2. A

LSI SAS 9201-8I and HP Microserver N54L

Would be interesting if you gave examples of which HP HBA to use.
  3. A

Building a 5 drive FreeNAS box, so back to using the controller blind, or the flashed onboard SAS/SATA controller and put up with 300mbps
  4. A

So, I've got myself a SAS 9201-8i and dropped it into my microserver, hoping to use it rather than the SAS/SATA 300 link speed built into the box. I can't seem to get into the ROM/config utility for the card though. I hit CTRL-C, it tells me the utility will load once the card in initialized...
  5. A

Thoughts on the C6100

What are/where the issues with expanders?
  6. A

Thoughts on the C6100

It was my understanding ZFS on Linux was experimental and also ran in user space and not kernel level. Would that not take a hit on performance? Maybe I need to learn me OpenIndiana, which from my rough knowledge is an open source version of Solaris, no?
  7. A

Thoughts on the C6100

Yeah, but unless infiniband is supported with freenas I'm kinda stuck - ZFS was one of the things I'd hope to implement. Hmm...
  8. A

Thoughts on the C6100

Yoikes, Shaggy, those 10gigE cards aren't exactly cheap on eBay, and needing four of them...
  9. A

Thoughts on the C6100

Ok, that's damn cool about the mezzanine 10gigE cards. I'll grab one of the C6100s next pay period and find me some 10gigE cards and a switch as I build things out. Now to find one of these super cheap procurve or power connect 48 port 10gigE switches...
  10. A

Thoughts on the C6100

So, new here and I've been spending the last week or so lurking and soaking up all I can on the C6100 chassis. It's completely thrown my home lab plans for a loop. As such I'm going to throw out some questions and see what sticks. This lab will be a mix of VM/Hyper-V training and testing...