Search results

1. T

Old Brocade (QLogic) BR-1020 CNA on Windows 10

Hi All It has been a long time and I have been off the forums here for probably the best part of 2 years. Life and that sort of thing gets in the way sometimes. Anyway, I remember there being a lot of buzz around the Brocade (QLogic) BR-1020 10Gbe cards a couple of years back. I got 3...
  2. T

Silly Question about rackmount rails

Hi Everyone I have been installing servers of all sorts for years in my job. Even played about with rack cabinets at home as well. The one thing that has always bugged me are how poor and awful to use the rackmount rail kits are. The best by far that I have used are the Dell ones that just...
  3. T

HP NC364T Quad Port 1 Gbe NIC

Hi Everyone After my incompatible issue with the Intel Pro 1000 PT Quad port NICs and my Intel DQ77MK motherboard I thought I would ask some advice on these HP NICs. Has anyone got them running? Do they work with Windows Server 2012 R2 and VMware ESXi 5.5 and later? Does anyone know if they...
  4. T

10Gbe Switch Suggestions

Hi All After the documented issues on here that I had with my Quad Port 1Gbe cards I have thought "Why don't I just bite the bullet and go 10Gbe" With this is mind I have been chatting with @nry ,another forum member ,who has a Dell PowerConnect 8024F switch and is very happy with it. If you...
  5. T

Intel Pro 1000 PT Quad Port NIC on Intel DQ77MK Motherboard

Hi All I am having a bit of a funny issue and wonder if anybody else has come across this. I have 4 x Intel Pro 1000 PT Quard port PCIe network cards. All four have worked perfectly in the past in other motherboards. Once is currently in my dataserver running on a supermicro motherboards. I...
  6. T

Windows Server 2012 R2 + Hyper-V and 3 x 1Gb NICS in a team with poor network speeds

Hi all I am building my server over in the DIY server build area. I have started using Windows Server 2012 R2 as the main OS, and rightly or wrongly also installed Hyper-V on it. Basically I am using 3 x 1Gb Intel NICs in a team. The team then attaches to the virtual switch for Hyper-V...
  7. T

UK: 10% discount until end of the month

Hi All Sorry if I'm not supposed to post about certain suppliers. Just wanted everyone in UK to know that Dabs.com have 10% pretty much everything until the end of the month. Just ordered my memory from there and made a nice saving.
  8. T

Interesting NAS type server

Advatronix Cirrus 1200 Review | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews Has anyone else seen this review yet? Very interesting setup. Wish I could buy just the case.
  9. T

New home NAS and Hypervisor setup

Hi everyone Stumbled across this site and am so glad I did. I'm now not the only geek in the world trying to build a huge NAS/Hypervisor setup :cool: So this story all started back in 2008 when I first built my home esxi server. I won't bore you with all the details and all the endless...