Search results

1. Iaroslav

EXPIRED $160 Supermicro X11DPU include shipping

Identical situation I run into as well, same thoughts. Haven’t tried yet, also there’s /RECOVERY option available related to override secure flash. This board is still of some value to try flashing with CH341A programmer, would that work?
  2. Iaroslav

Can I use the BPN-NVMe3-216N-S4 backplane with any SC216 chassis?

FYI, X11DPU+BPN-NVMe3-216N-S4 worked out! 20x nvme plus 100G NIC in place. Just one switch used, not a big penalty in performance. Bald and affordable, maybe someday I will try to upgrade it to X12 Keep on SM, stocks skyrocketing!
  3. Iaroslav

Whats the deal with U.2 enterprise SSDs selling so cheap?

Yeah, that's the time for this stuff I found it best with PM983 8Tb drives - tons of these on ebay new and used got from 550 down to 250 in past 2 years. For chassis - sas SYS-1028U or if lucky SYS-1029U, upgrade to NVMe backplane, some cabling, risers or even AOCs - 10xNVMe X10/X11ultra server...
  4. Iaroslav

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Got stuck with X10DRU 2.0a BIOS upgrade as well, when tried to flash from IPMI it just hung on some percent and then BIOS appeared as empty or corrupted. None of the methods I knew were applicable - over IPMI web, SMCIPMItool or super.rom The only thing that worked is SUM, with DCMS lic, and I...
  5. Iaroslav

Sorry, was out a bit. It's serverschmiede.com BTW, may be interesting for some Looks like one may buy this SuperMicro 1028U-TR4+ 1U SFF Server w/ X10DRU-i+, DUAL PSU, AOC-UR-I4G, DUAL PSU | eBay ($250 accepted) and Supermicro BPN-SAS3-116A-N10 10-Bay 2.5" SFF 4x SAS3 10x NVMe Hybrid Backplane...
  6. Iaroslav

Interesting project! Like they say about every all-nvme chassis - "To maintain quality and integrity, this product is sold only as a completely-assembled system" I was looking for similar builds years ago and luckily found 2029U-TN24R4T on one famous orange german site for around $1000 - bought...
  7. Iaroslav

Help Quieting My Supermicro Servers

I tried all the settings through IPMI on SC847 - not much help. Noctua fans or controller (NA-FC1) are damn pricey and newer fan "caddies" just won't fit them. And you must be careful not to set the speed too low - HDDs may get hot very fast. This cheapo PWM controller just did the job with...
  8. Iaroslav

What's a good used 100G switch these days?

Yes, these ports are for LAGs. But maybe that's the point when it's easier to get rid of 10G links at all and forget about all the possible incompatibility
  9. Iaroslav

May I ask you if you have faced this issue? Let's say I want to link older X710-DA4 4xSFP+ card to this Arista, what's my best option? Should I set it to 40G and may use: Intel Intel® Ethernet QSFP+ Breakout Cable X4DACBL3 920347 606760003 QSFP+ to (4) SFP+ Direct Attach Or it's not gonna...
  10. Iaroslav

Thanks, but probably it's too exotic beast, XFP and too few of these Looks like just few REFs on local "market" right now. But we'll be ok to find it in EU as well. Years ago this Arista was a few times cheaper, how...
  11. Iaroslav

Thank you! Price range is the same, but this one definitely beats them all, just need to find proper breakout cables/fiber for 25/10G links and that’s it!
  12. Iaroslav

Ok guys, forget about that weirdo, now I'm on some serious crossroads: Juniper QFX5120-48Y-DC-AFO 48x25G + 8x100G CISCO N9K-C93180YC-EX 48x25G + 8x100G Arista DCS-7160-48YC6-R 48x25G SFP+ 6x100G Any thoughts? Which one will keep you less stressed about any module compability issues and...
  13. Iaroslav

That's what our new DC replied: "Uplink cables between cabinet rows can be only over a LC singlemode cable per our datacenter. If an another cable is required, it has to be reviewed by the datacenter and might no be accepted." Yes, redundancy is a must, yet in 10 years we had zero problems with...
  14. Iaroslav

Yes, you’re right. It’s barely enough 2x100G ports. But guess what? 7280SE-68 starts from 5k on eBay…
  15. Iaroslav

Mentioned Arista is almost ok, except for this weird MXP port, as far as I understand it may not take 100G-LR modules and just need a specific fiber cabling for different port speeds. I love Mikrotiks, but a bit afraid to set it on such a serious load and didn't even know about SFP modules...
  16. Iaroslav

I have a similar request but for production infrastructure. We've been working with Aristas for a few years now - no issues. It's hard now to find anything with >2 100G ports + 40G or even 10G, price is $5000+ The only switch that will minimally fit us is 7280SE-72, 48x10GbE (SFP+) & 2x100GbE...
  17. Iaroslav

THE CHIA FARM

Enough farming, it's now close to non-profitable for my colo. 150 coins on 1PB earned, I'll hold it, maybe on the next bitcoin bull run something happens. The good thing I have where to use the disks right away
  18. Iaroslav

Samsung PM1735 - No drivers, no firmware found anywhere?

Got few PM1733 and now stuck, not able to mount it in Debian Linux, shows as [N:4:65:1] disk SAMSUNG MZWLJ7T6HALA-00007__1 - Windows booted on the same Supermicro server takes it with no issues - I can mount, format and use it. What is the trick?
  19. Iaroslav

THE CHIA FARM

Probably, that's good point to install Debian/Ubuntu and make things much easier)
  20. Iaroslav

THE CHIA FARM

I have the same situation. Probably slow re-plot will do a bit more income, but I'm bored with this stuff, just left old plots and switch plotter to new ones to fill up the last 100TB from 1PB total. Why would anyone use anything except RAM if there's 512Gb of it? Just use ramdisk for the first...