Search results

1. I

Quick question about remote hands request

I have a half rack in Dallas and would like to find a local tech that can do some remote hands work on demand as/when needed. The datacenter's techs can do some basic work but not everything and certainly not advanced work. For example, I have a 2U drawer for storage. I want to be able to send...
  2. I

WS2012r2, Hyper-V, SMB 3.0 and RDMA

Hi all, I’ve been exploring SMB 3.0 and RDMA and have a few simple questions that someone with relevant knowledge should answer (I believe) very easily. The goal is to set up two Hyper-V servers and a file server (all WS2012r2) with SMB 3.0 shares where my VHDXs will be stored. No clustering...
  3. I

LSI MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i and Dell R415

Hi guys, I recently got 2 Dell R415 servers (thanks again OzB!) and been testing them out since. I like everything except the storage speeds. SAS seems to be working at SATA 2.0 speeds but SATA is limited to SATA 1.0 (maybe there's something wrong with the config in 6/iR, although I doubt it)...
  4. I

Extremely low RAM performance with dual E5-2620

Hello everybody, I'm getting very poor results with RAM-intensive workloads on a dual E5-2620 system I recently installed. Up to now I was using E3s and was very much satisfied. Here's what I get with MaxxMEM on the E5: Memory-copy: 5352 MByte/s Memory-Read: 9428 MByte/s Memory-Write...
  5. I

LSI 9271-8iCC, FastPath and RAID5 question

I'm planning on setting up a RAID5 array with 4xIntel 520 480GB SSDs and a MegaRAID SAS 9271-8iCC card. FastPath will be enabled too. What I'm not able to clearly understand from the online documentation of the LSI card is if I can add more drives to the RAID5 array in the future (without...