Search results

1. L

IEEE1588v2 ready switch that can act as a PTP Transparent Clock

hi guys, I am looking for a used switch that is PTP IEEE 1588v2 ready, more specifically, it needs to be able to act as a PTP transparent clock so its processing & queuing delays can be included in PTP packets to be compensated. any model to recommend? thanks.
  2. L

RoCE bandwidth capped at 28Gb when using 56GbE DACs

I have two workstations with 40G/56GbE ConnectX-3 NICs connected to a Mellanox SX6012 switch, iperf and RoCE reported expected ~40Gb bandwidth when using 40Gb DAC cables. Everything was fine. Just picked up some 56Gb Mellanox DACs online, SX6012 recognized them as 56GbE cables and I had both...
  3. L

Mellanox SX6012 and RoCEv2 support?

Just picked up a Mellanox SX6012, it works in ethernet mode by default, probably the ex-owner configured it that way. Wondering does this switch support RoCE v2? I have some HP 544+FLR 40G NICs (Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro chips which support RoCE v2) and planning to setup a RoCE testbed for homelab...
  4. L

Slow write sync performance on Intel S3700

I grabbed an Intel S3700 to use for SLOG kind of workload. I understand that write sync performance (fsync() latency) is the most important factor here. Did a quick pg_test_fsync run and found that fsync() latency is almost 8ms each write sync. This is very different from what I heard...
  5. L

P3700 U.2 and the HDD activity LED on front panel

I recently bought an U.2 version of the Intel P3700 800G SSD. As my motherboard doesn't have U.2 support, I have to connect it to the M.2 slot on my motherboard using an U.2 to M.2 adaptor cable. Read/Write seem to be working fine for the new SSD, but the HDD LED on the front panel of my case...
  6. L

Mellanox ConnectX 3 and Mellanox ConnectX 3 Pro

I am in the market searching for a few 40G NICs, will mostly use them in EN mode. There are both Mellanox ConnectX 3 (MCX354A FCBT) and Mellanox ConnectX 3 Pro (MCX354A FCCT) available at roughly the same price. The pro version is obviously suppose to be better, wondering what is the actual...
  7. L

SSD endurance - continuous write

I have a program continuously write data to the SSD at around 50-200kbytes per second. I am wondering whether such non-stop 24/7 continuous writes are going to significantly impact the life span of the SSDs. The concerned SSDs are enterprise class SSDs with pretty high write endurance rating...