Search results

1. D

SAS HD doesn't show up with Dell PERC H200

Problem solved - it was the pin P3 problem. Clipped the orange wire leading in to the drive connector and drive is up and all 4TB is visible to the OS. Thanks for your replies and help, much appreciated.
  2. D

I think I may have found what's going on... The new drive is a SAS3 the old drive a SAS2. SAS3 has a new feature called Power Disable. Apparently if there's 3.3 volts on Pin 3, the drive won't power up. Here's a link I found when looking for SAS2 SAS3 compatibility: How do I connect a SAS3...
  3. D

Thanks, I've ordered a breakout cable with a molex connector, I have a +5V/+12V power supply from a USB-SATA adapter so I'll see how all this goes. One question - does SAS have any kind of power sequence signalling. If I connect the power to the HDD and turn it on should the drive always spin...
  4. D

There's no independent power cable - it's a one piece SAS connector. I can hear the working drive click and spin up once the H200 initialization is complete but the problem drive is quiet. I'll try and see if I can jury rig a power connection to see if I can get the drive to spin up.
  5. D

I have a Dell PE T110 II with an H200 adapter running MS Server 2012R2. The H200 runs in IR mode and presently has one has one Seagate ST3600057SS (SAS 600GB) in HDD 0 configured for boot. No raid has been configured. The H200 adapter is flashed to the most current levels available from Dell...