Search results

1. A

ESXI 6.0 Passthrough onboard SATA

Thank you for explanation. On every method, no matter the activation sequence my problem is that on vSpere Web Client the controller is greyed out but on vSphere Client i am able to passthrough. So, if i will "accidentally" upgrade to esxi 6.7 or 7 i will loose the possibility of passthrough for...
  2. A

Sure. Here it is: I marks my adds regarding the xHCI controller # passthrough attributes for devices # file format: vendor-id device-id resetMethod fptShareable # vendor/device id: xxxx (in hex) (ffff can be used for wildchar match) # reset methods: flr, d3d0, link, bridge, default #...
  3. A

Sorry to reactivate this thread, now in 2021. I have a Chinese Yanling mini pc and need to passthrough the only xHCI usb controller to a ubuntu VM. I am on Esxi 6.5.0 version. Host and Datastore on same drive. Initially the controller appeared greyed out and not capable. 0000:00:14.0 Serial bus...
  4. A

ES Xeon Discussion

Got it. Now i have to convince myself that the HWInfo screenshot is not fake......
  5. A

ES Xeon Discussion

Thank you a lot. I will do a deep search and ask the seller to show me a screen of Intel Diagnostic Tool with VT-d: yes.
  6. A

ES Xeon Discussion

I was intending for 12 to 14 cores max. Probably 12. Base clock: i dont know....sorry, newbie, mobo support DDR4 2133 ECC SO-DIMM, but i think that is a wrong answer.....
  7. A

ES Xeon Discussion

Thank-you for your quick answer. The mobo support VT-d. Now the CPU must support it. How can i be "safe " on buying an QS V3 E5 processor from Ebay. I learned that i may be screwed up. Could you, when you have some little time, advice me in that direction. What should i be aware of... Thank you...
  8. A

ES Xeon Discussion

I intend to build a home lab based on Asrock EPC612D4I. (LGA2011-3) with Esxi 6 hypervisor I also need video hardware acceleration for CAD software. - ATI Radeon GPU PCIe card to be passtrought to a windows VM. I understand that ES processors don't have VT-d capabilities so it will be impossible...