Search results

1. C

Recommended SSDs today?

In 2021 and 2022 I was able to find a few SSDs that met my requirements and were reasonably priced as used, so I bought them. In particular, the Sandisk LT1600MO. I had purchased one or two others, but they aren't in my system, so I can't easily look up what those were. My LT1600MO works...
  2. C

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

So I bought some more Samsung PM883 SSDs. The first set have a not-yet-available version (HXT7B04Q). The set I just received have HXT7904Q. In the folder shared by DarkServant, there's the obvious HXT7904Q.bin file. There's also the HXT7A04Q_NF.bin. Anyone know what the NF stands for? I...
  3. C

Firmware package for Samsung SM883/MZ7KH3T8HALS

So I appear to have a new firmware. I have four PM883's with firmware HXT7B04Q. I bought them from ebay, and they came that way. If someone can tell me how best to rip the firmware from the drive, I'd be happy to download it for the community! They report as Samsung and not some OEM, nor...
  4. C

Innodisk SATADOM-SL 3IE3 V2 Firmware

@Afox PM me and I'll send it to you! Edit: Nevermind. Just saw you received it. I wish someone would start an SSD firmware repository. LOL. There's so many brands and models, it would be nice if there was a one-stop shop for firmware shopping.
  5. C

I updated mine from S670330N to S21804i without issues. From what I've read, once you're on S670330N, you're at a firmware version that, if you couldn't update past that, is good enough for the DOM to not have any premature wearout or any other failures that could be avoided with firmware updates.
  6. C

The fact that the firmware version has fewer digits makes me think your firmware isn't compatible with the devices we have. Any chance you can PM me that firmware and I'll take a look. Strangely, that part number *is* the same as the ones I have.
  7. C

Is it S670330N or newer than that?
  8. C

So I've got 5 of these SATA DOMs, and so far 1 has the newer "S670330N" and one has the older "S560301N". I knew something was up when I saw that the older firmware didn't support TRIM, but the newer firmware does. I'm really wishing I could download the firmware from one and upload it to the...
  9. C

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Hello everyone. I did some basic setup of my LB6M, but then got busy and it's been sitting plugged in with nothing attached to it for months. Today I hooked up my serial cable to it and found it is constantly rebooting itself. Here's what it says: Select startup mode. If no selection is made...