Search results

1. R

Incompatibility between PSU and motherboard?

i agree with nexox here, sounds like the delta is somehow struggling to supply 5VSB to the giglebyte. And you should be able to measure into the 24pin ATX as he described. Unless you have probes as thick as your fingers ; D
  2. R

H12SSL-I Stuck at "bmc initiating"

before you throw it away, send it my way?
  3. R

@AVID-MEDIA He is right about the Caps, SM uses ones with actual liquid electrolyte that don't like heat. Only work on the board with good shielding of those metallic cans and good ventilation. @jei my condolences. Damage to those little TI DC DC converters can be very hard to spot. And they...
  4. R

I sadly can't really give you a recommendation other then that you really need preheat. What ever you are comfortable with should be fine. I don't have that myself yet. I heard of people using sand on a sheet out of the hot oven. Some repair people on Youtube are using the cheapest preheaters...
  5. R

You will need a decent enough soldering iron and hotair-station as well as solderwick, flux, and all the other little things. But with the H12, you will specifically need a good preheater. The board has soo many layers that a hotair-station really really struggles to take off parts and even...
  6. R

Is this your first time repairing such things? Nor sure if i can recommend what you are planning. Looking at the pictures you are posted, i can not even tell if U6 and the others were actually replaced. So, i feel conflicted about SM claiming they tried and it didn't work. On the technical...
  7. R

Supermicro X11SCH keeps resetting - faulty power button?

dead and shorted out powerbutton. Happens.
  8. R

Asus C621E not posting

Is the sage using the usual rebranded IR35201 ?
  9. R

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

either with a multimeter on the board, it should be the big 3 or 4 phase VR under the heatsink beside the CPU, or with luck, giglebyte has it measured and shown inside the sensor tab.
  10. R

I fear that those two point at a hardware defect. What is the actual voltage reading of P_VCCIN_P0 ?
  11. R

what voltage error are you talking about? Did you try clearing the eventlog yet?
  12. R

gigabyte server motherboard bios recovery jumper

Do you have a postcode snooping option in the ipmi? If no, then Giglebyte deserves its name. My only experience with a dual sock Epyc board from them was that there is 0 info what is currently going on. If everything is fine, you will eventually, get a video signal once the system is able to...
  13. R

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

@SHD_Tech there is a link in the first post of this thread. Not sure if they will help you though because the main modification was to get early ROME ES working and to get ROME support on the Rev 1. AMD stacks multiple, usually 2 16MB large "Bios" images onto one single eeprom with the retail...
  14. R

Brick-Free Servicing of Lenovo's AMD PSB-enabled boards/processors

Jup i think so as well, as long as Dell decides to use the same cert / key for the bios. And it is an AMD feature and not a Dell or Lenovo specific implementation, they just use it as far as i know.
  15. R

Any soldering experts here?

Right, i am a °C guy, so i can't help you with it in °F
  16. R

That does not sound right to me. What are you using for soldering? A Hot-Air station or a Heat-Gun? I was talking °C do you mean °F ? To maybe explain the dangers a bit more, PCBs are not meant to get hot for long and their specific ratings depends on the materials. So in general, the hotter...
  17. R

I have not personally popcorned a PCB yet, you can simply get a dead board and try around on that. Get yourself comfortable first. Tools can help you with that, for instance i really like those vacuum suction things to pick the ICs up from the board. But normal tweezers work very fine for...
  18. R

That is what @piranha32 has called a "thermal pad underneath". In this case it simply means that you have to get everything hot enough for the solder to melt, even below the chip. A preheater would help with that a lot, though you can also simply go a bit higher in temperatures and duration...
  19. R

10GBE (T in the name) should not have any impact on the risk of you killing the Voltage-Regulators. To call them BMC Failures is a bit misleading. At least all cases i know of were caused by the owner.
  20. R

WD SN200 is showing 3.2TB instead of 3.84TB

Maybe the drive was set to have more over provisioning, hence less capacity?