Search results

1. A

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Yeah unfortunately I don't have conduit between the locations and it was a pain in the ass to run the CAT6 cables when I did it 10 years ago and I'm not looking to repeat that.. I don't *really* need 10G between my home office and basement, but it would be nice :) I'm willing to invest $220...
  2. A

Aruba MAS series SFP+ & POE+ switches sub-$100

Man, these switches are so cheap it might be a cost effective way to get 10G between my basement rack and home office. I have a few CAT6 cable runs right now. Any thoughts on pairing this switch a SFP+-to-10gE adapter on each end? Like the Mikrotik. Is that crazy or potentially workable? I think...
  3. A

BNT/IBM G8124 firmware upgrade

Super thanks and extra kudos to @fohdeesha for his help with this! This switch threw us some curve balls but fohdeesha was able to over come them at each step. Glad to have a working switch again and ready to put it into the home lab!
  4. A

Yeah I was kind of surprised that the switch came with a 1.x.x.x and the latest from IBM was 7.x.x.x. Everything from IBM's web site seems to refer to all G8124 switches without differentiation about make/model/etc.: IBM RackSwitch G8124/G8124E firmware The firmware change history for the most...
  5. A

Cool, let me know what the next steps are. If you are willing to loan me your JTAG unit I'd love to give it a whirl. Obviously happy to cover any shipping costs, etc. I haven't done any HW/firmware work at this level, but you've piqued my interest! I'm confident I can follow the instructions...
  6. A

Sure thing, I'll try to get some better pictures. And thanks for your assistance with this!
  7. A

Attached are some photos of the logic board. There's definitely a JTAG header. I'm not sure if it's a PPC since I wasn't ready to remove the CPU heatsink.. and I didn't see anything that obviously indicated chip type.. but I'm guessing you are correct. Let me know if these photos help: Imgur...
  8. A

Awesome, thanks! I'm trying to get the case off -- a couple of the screws are seized or have tamper glue on them. Looks like I'm going to need to drill them out. I'll add some photos after I get the case lid off..
  9. A

I'm in Northern Virginia (DC area). Any prospect of resurrecting this switch? Trying to come to grips with just recycling it and getting a different one on eBay (like a Quanta LB6M or something). I paid $250 for this one so sucks flushing that down the drain :( I went with this one because I...
  10. A

Well it looks like I joined the club here. Picked up a G8124 on eBay. It was working fine and I figured I'd update the firmware before I started doing any real configuration. Pulled down the latest firmware bundle from IBM's web site and used the web interface (and TFTP) to flash both the boot...
  11. A

IBM Blade Networks G8124-E Rack Switch 24x 10Gb SFP+

D'oh. too bad I missed this one.. would have been a good complement to my current G8000.. I've got too many twinax crossovers.. really need to get a proper SFP+ switch :)
  12. A

Blade Network RackSwitch G8000F 48 Port Switch w/ 10GbE Uplink Module - 84.99 OBO + shipping

I picked up one of these switches but did a total bastardized job on the console cable. Just chopped old USB and DB9 cables and twisted the wires based on pinouts. It worked though :-) Even was able to do a XMODEM firmware upload. BTW the switch I bought didn't have a 10G module in it. They...