Search results

1. J

Ceph on C6100

Frogtech, I was about to hit the buy button and I had a thought, seeing as the storage is HDD.... wouldnt 3Gbps be fine for HDD as they dont push much over 200MBps? SATA2 included some of the nicer features like NCQ etc.
  2. J

Ceph on C6100

Thanks again for your help Frogtech... I found this thread on the forum, is this what you are explaining? Dell C6100 PCI Raid card cable route
  3. J

Ceph on C6100

Just found one of the cards it is a LSI SAS 9211-8i card, I can grab an extra one for around £50.00 would just need to know how to replace the onboard with this card.
  4. J

Ceph on C6100

Could I perhaps get some LSI SAS raid cards, and convert say 3 nodes into 3 x 2 x 2.5" giving 6 drives in 3 of the nodes? I think i have a couple of LSI 6gbps SAS cards somewhere would only need 1 more. Are the connectors in the backplane SAS or SATA?
  5. J

Ceph on C6100

the SFF servers was at least 90% more expensive over the LFF here in the UK. I can network boot the OS no problem, I was going to run them off a NFSRoot mount from another server anyway.
  6. J

Ceph on C6100

Yeah just checked dmesg and it says 3.0gbps :/ Not good.... perhaps these were not a wise investment after all :(
  7. J

Ceph on C6100

The C6100 has a 3 x SATA backplane per server allowing for SATA3 drives to be used upto 6gbps. The above drives I listed are standard commodity 6gbps SATA drives, 7200RPM spindle speed.
  8. J

Ceph on C6100

The barracuda according to UserBenchmark looks to supply around 170MB sequential. Each node will have 3 of these in them. As i am using a Mez card for the NICs i will technically have a 16xPCIe2.0 slot to add a journal in the future. I was hoping someone else had a simular setup that could...
  9. J

Ceph on C6100

Hi, Looking for a little advise with people who has used Ceph a little more than myself! I have just purchased the following equipment 2 x Dell C6100 4 Blades in each consisting of 2 x L5640 96GB RAM 2 x 10Gb NIC Mez Cards (Waiting to be delivered) The model has 12 x 3.5" drives. I am...