Search results

1. renderfarmer

FS: Supermicro Server, dual E5-2670, 32GB RAM

$750 ea. Free Shipping in continental US. I have 3 identical ones for sale. I'm located in NJ, 30min west of Manhattan. Work flawlessly and in superb condition (See photos). 90 day money back guarantee. Check out this post for some context: Renderfarmer's DIY Render Farm Include everything...
  2. renderfarmer

FS: Mellanox ConnectX-3 40GbE cards and 56Gbps FDR cable

SOLD! Thanks for your interest. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I have for sale components of a Mellanox 40GbE starter kit which includes: 2x Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN MCX313A-BCBT 40GbE NICs ($225 each) purchased from CompSource Apr 25, 2013 1x Mellanox MC2207310-020 (20m)...
  3. renderfarmer

FS: Cisco SFS3001 Topspin90 switches, Mellanox HCAs, CX4 cables

(SOLD) For Sale: Cisco SFS3001 (Topspin90): The holy grail of SDR IB switches, featuring 12 CX4 IB ports and a built in fully functional Ethernet Bridging module. This switch is fully managed and has a built in subnet manager, and dual redundant power supplies. I bought this last year as new...
  4. renderfarmer

Help Flash Cisco SFS 3001 (Topspin90) with new firmware image

Hi all. I have an Cisco SFS 3001 with an OS that pre-dates the introduction of the optional Ethernet Bridging module. I purchased the last known firmware for this switch (2.8.0) from a guy but I can't get it to copy the file. I have it connected to my functioning SFS 3001 via CX4 cable...
  5. renderfarmer

Measuring RDIMM Voltage

I just put eight 4GB RDIMMs in my Supermicro X9DRW-iF and I would like to know if they're operating at 1.35V like they're supposed to. Problem is, nothing I've tried has given me a reading on the Voltage. Hwinfo64, CPUz, Aida64, Hardware Monitor Pro. The BIOS doesn't show anything but operating...
  6. renderfarmer

Resource Monitoring and Analysis

Hi everyone. I'm trying to get a more precise picture of what my render nodes are doing during a complete render cycle and am soliciting advice for how to best accomplish this. Ideally I would like to run an app that will monitor and graph CPU usage + RAM usage + HDD throughput + Network...
  7. renderfarmer

FS/FT: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD

To moderators/admins: Please kill this thread. I decided to keep them.
  8. renderfarmer

FS/FT: i7-3930K, Sabertooth X79, GTX680, Revodrive 3 X2, Corsair Hydro\PSU, etc...

FS/FT:Xeon E5-2603 /OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 / EVGA GTX680 FTW / Corsair Vengence C70 Everything works perfectly. No problems or complaints. Includes all of the original packaging. From a smoke and pet free home. Most everything is less than a year old, some parts are only a few months. All bought...
  9. renderfarmer

LSI CacheCade Pro 2.0 512GB limit

Does anyone have any insight into when we might see this limit raised? I have four 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSDs and would love to use all 4 in a RAID-0 for my CachCade. At the moment I'm limited to only two drives. The reason I chose 256GB drives is that they have double the write...
  10. renderfarmer

8GB Sticks of HP 1600MHz UDIMM DDR3 RAM for $44.24

In my never ending quest for cheap 8GB sticks of RAM I stumbled upon these: PROVANTAGE: Hewlett Packard HP B4U37AT 8GB DDR3-1600 DIMM Smart Buy No idea what the voltage or timings are, but the price is right. Should get my order later this week. Will post complete specs when I have them.
  11. renderfarmer

FS: 10 x Intel Xeon E5-2620 Retail Boxed

FS: 7 x Intel Xeon E5-2620 Retail Boxed All 10 CPUs are sold. Thanks for looking! Hi all. I have ten E5-2620s for sale up on eBay. $319.95 a piece. If buying direct from me through this posting: 2-4 CPUs @ $310ea. 6-10 @ $300ea. Shipping for 2-10 CPUs is $12 (USPS Priority Mail) + $4/cpu...
  12. renderfarmer

X9DRL 1600MHz compatible UDIMM

Does anyone have a Supermicro X9DRL (any version) populated with 1600MHz UDIMMs (any number) that will actually run them at 1600MHz? I've tried several boards and types of UDIMMs and can't seem to make it work. The same boards work at 1600MHz with 1600MHz RDIMMs just fine.
  13. renderfarmer

Diskless Boot Over Infiniband help

Hi all. I'm interested in setting up diskless boot on my IB network. If I were using Ethernet the options that I'm aware of for diskless boot are iSCSI and AoE. Is AoE valid on an IB network? Are there other options I should explore?
  14. renderfarmer

Renderfarmer's DIY Render Farm

This is my basement render farm. I run Thinkbox Deadline as my render manager and I primarily render with Vray for Maya Standalone. It has one file server/render manager/license server that also doubles as a render node (not ideal) and 5 render nodes bellow it connected via 10Gbps Infiniband...
  15. renderfarmer

FS: Supermicro X9SCA-F-0 motherboard

If you're interested in a great UP intel motherboard that has built in Matrox VGA graphics and two SATA3 ports then look no further. Supermicro X9SCA F 0 Motherboard 0672042086436 | eBay Like the listing states, it's used but in like-new condition with original packaging and accessories. I...
  16. renderfarmer

Renderfarmer's WS

Name: WS CPU: Intel i7-3930K (@ 4.6GHz) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW 4096MB RAM: 64GB G.SKILL Ares SSD: 240GB OCZ RevoDrive3 X2 NIC: Mellanox MHEA28-XTC Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 Cooler: Corsair H100i Power Supply: Corsair AX1200 Chassis: Corsair Vengeance C70 OS: Windows 8 Pro...
  17. renderfarmer

Mellanox SX6005 & SX6012 56Gbps 12 port switch pricing revealed

Hi all. I contacted Mellanox about pricing on the upcoming SX6005 and SX6012 12 port IB switches and thought I'd share what they replied: SX6005: $6,652 MSRP SX6012: $9,022 MSRP Street price for Mellanox switches is typically 55-70% depending on the reseller. Based on that and my personal...
  18. renderfarmer

E5 Turbo Boost Speed

Hi all. I have 7 Romley Supermicro boards (X9DRL-iF-O & X9DRW-iF) with dual E5-2620 (hexa 2GHz) and they all top out at 2.3GHz Turbo Boost in spite of their Max 2.5GHz turbo boost rating. This is under full load using AIDA64 stress test. Is that typical or E5 CPUs? Is there a set of BIOS...
  19. renderfarmer

LSI 9271-8i settings not sticking

Hi all. I just set up my LSI 9271-8i and it seems that everytime I power off or restart my file server the settings for both of my Virtual Disks revert to their factory default settings which suck. I want both of my arrays to be: No Read Ahead, Write Through, Direct IO (according to LSI this...
  20. renderfarmer

Infiniband to Ethernet bridging question

Hi all. At the moment I have a Win2012 file server feeding my win8 workstation and seven win2008r2 render nodes connected via a Cisco Topspin 90 (SFS3001) 12 port IB switch with optional Ethernet Switch Module. It conveniently bridges my Ethernet LAN to my IPoIB network giving my IB machines...