Search results

1. A

WTB: 2x 160GB to 200GB SSD Boot Drive

I'm looking for 2x 160GB to 200GB SSD to be mirrored boot drives for my ZFS SAN to replace my cheap failing SSDs. I have been looking at the Intel DC S3500 SSDs but if someone has a better drive I would take that too. I'm trying to stay under $100 USD for both but I'm not sure that's...
  2. A

Proxmox storage setup

A background. I currently have a one NAS/SAN that is running Omnios with Napp-It exporting storage on NFS and iSCSI to a 3 node VMware cluster. Something is up with the storage box and I have given up with trying to figure it out. It doesn't like to connect and I can't get above 1GB but it works...
  3. A

Migrate rpool to smaller drives

Right now I have Omnios with Napp-it installed on 2 500gb HDDs that are mirrored. I would like to move my rpool to 2 60gb SSDs so I don't have to waste drive bays. But I don't see any easy to do this. I have room to connect the drives now so I could do a zfs send / receive but I haven't found a...
  4. A

Hyper-V Questions on Rackable Server

I have been doing a lot of research on Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 and my Rackable server. I have a 2U Rackable Server 2x Intel Xeon Quad Core E5345 2.33Ghz 8GB that I would like to install Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 on to work as a small VM server for my router(pfSense) and secondary DC and DNS...