Search results

1. M

Questions regarding non-ECC/reg DIMMs for Supermicro X9DRL-iF server board

I would say that each engine uses about 10 hours of time, at max, meaning x 16 in CPU time as I will be using dual 2689's. The whole event runs for about 2 months, which is separated by different stages. Right now I only use a 3770k that is overclocked, but I have already begun buying the...
  2. M

Hello Patrick, Thank your for your input. The EVGA SR-X has been discontinued though. The already mentioned Supermicro board has already been ordered, but I guess I could sell it as new and buy a Hyper-Speed variant or the Asus board. The case (Cooler Master HAF X) is limited to EATX though...
  3. M

Hi Jeggs101, Thank you for your reply. Why are you looking for faster RAM like that? I was kind of surprised that the "standard" for 1600 seems to be CL 11. There should be quite a difference moving to CL 7, perhaps even more than your suggested 3%. Or am I way out here? Might more...
  4. M

Hello everyone, I am currently in the process of adding some RAM to a server board that is used for a workstation. We want to use the fastest RAM possible, and most ECC/reg 1600 DIMMs are CAS 11 which is very slow. Please note that there is no use for reg/ECC in this particular computer. :)...