Search results

1. M

networking help

Yes, that's helpful! My advice would be to move the IOT devices to another segment under the UTM (if you have space on the license) or potentially move them under the pfsense VM you're using for the Dev VMs. Then on FW1, you can bridge igb1 and igb3 and set .70/29 as the IP address of that...
  2. M

networking help

OK. I guess I'm a little confused by the interface layout. What I thought you'd done (based on my read of your posts): ATT --- FW1 --- Static IP servers | --- FW2 (UTM) --- LAN (0.1/24) | --- Dev pfSense (FW3?) --- Dev...
  3. M

networking help

How many interfaces do you have on FW1, and what IP addresses are you running on each one?
  4. M

networking help

Ah, that makes sense - also sucks that AT&T doesn't make things easy... In that case, one change I might make to your design is to move the Dev VMs (the 1.1/24 segment) under the UTM, so pfsense doesn't have to run a mix of static IPs and NAT (assuming you want the dev VMs to access the...
  5. M

networking help

Why not just use UTM? Or do you think you'll hit the 50 device limit?
  6. M

networking help

Is there a reason you feel you need two separate firewalls, as opposed to having one firewall just segment your network (you could set up a HA pair if you're worried about single point of failure)? One firewall with multiple interfaces (one per network segment), running SNAT seems like it would...
  7. M

[BOUNTY] ESXi GPU Passthrough [ERROR 43]

It sounds like you're hitting the nVidia driver restriction - all their consumer graphics cards need to have a monitor connected (or at least one of the cards in an SLI setup). I haven't needed to get headless working for my own set-up, but quickly googling around suggests a couple options: Buy...
  8. M

That's fair - if you want to run headless you'll need "modified" drivers or some kind of hardware device that emulates a connected monitor (I've seen Headless Ghost mentioned a lot on different forums). @Helloworld123 To be helpful, we need to know a little more about your set up (e.g...
  9. M

I have a similar setup (though on ESXi 6.5) - have you added "hypervisor.cpuid.v0 = FALSE" to the .vmx file? This stops ESXi reporting to the guest OS that its running as a VM.
  10. M

$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

Mine just arrived - had a manufacturing date of 03/17, so that should be at least a 3 year warranty
  11. M

RX480 passthrough on ESXi6.5

I'm assuming you figured out how to reserve the memory (else the VM wouldn't start :)), though it looks like you only added the RX480 device but not the corresponding audio device. Try adding the audio device as well and see if that works? I also wouldn't rely on the MS driver update tool - I'd...
  12. M

@vinay: can you post a screenshot of your VM configuration?
  13. M

Yes - I have an Nvidia card but faced the same issue where I could only check the HDMI audio device and not the card itself. After I checked the audio device and rebooted, I could add both devices to a VM as PCI devices.
  14. M

I think you should be OK - if you tick the box for the audio, the graphics card should automatically become available for passthru after you reboot (at least that's what happened for me).
  15. M

ESXi / Networking with 2 switches

When you say the hosts can't see each other through the 10gbe network, I'm assuming you mean you aren't able to ping from one ESXi host to another from the cli. A couple questions that might help diagnose what's going on: What are the IP addresses / masks on each interface of each ESXi host...
  16. M

Esxi 6.5, x10sdv-4c-7tp4f, Samsung843 - slow performance?

Are you using the onboard SATA ports? If so, you may want to read this; it looks like the new ahci driver doesn't work that well with Lynx Point controllers and you can get better performance by going back to the previous version. I had the same problem with my ESXi server until I changed the...