Search results

1. F

Viable small footprint NAS build?

In the meantime I've put together a relatively small NAS - Intel G4560 with an MSI B250I PRO, in a Bitfenix Prodigy case.
  2. F

I'm aware that network is the bottleneck here, but since the drives will be doing quite some reading and writing (just the moving of the files from Transmission's download location to the Plex media collection will require full SATA bandwidth!). I've decided going with the ASRock J4205-ITX -...
  3. F

That's what I'm thinking too, but the J1900 might be a bit too weak for my use-case. mPCIe to PCIe might work, but I'll possibly need more than a x1 lane - that would only support 4 drives at SATA2 speeds.
  4. F

SFF is way too big for what I want it to be. NUC's are expensive compared to contained hardware, and only have one or two SATA connectors, and none come with mPCIe any more (unfortunately the initial series weren't that successful here in Hungary, and getting one used from overseas... That's a...
  5. F

So, to simplify the task: I'm looking for an Intel-based SBC that can fit a 150*150mm space and leave space for cabling. It should be integrated, can be actively cooled, and should have at least 4, but rather 8 SATA ports. I saw that VIA has a board that has 2 SATA onboard, a PCIe 1x lane, and...
  6. F

For the case, it would be hand-made (hand-made as in I have a friend who owes me a few, works with CNC, and would cut it out to my specification from brushed aluminum, with finish and a place for the HDD rack). I'm looking for a motherboard mostly. Something that is REALLY small footprint...
  7. F

Hey all! I'm looking to replace my current "NAS" (my old HP EliteBook 8530W, bit too much of a power hog for two HDDs) with a smaller, quieter, and more economical one. I'd use a bunch of 2.5" disks, with a separate 5V power adapter for all of them (4 to 8 disks, so in total maybe 40W if we're...