Search results

1. S

Wifi site survey hardware / software? Metageek chanalyzer?

I'm not sure how this would compare feature-wise, but I have been meaning to give this a try: Free Wi-Fi heatmap coverage mapping software for homes and small offices - HeatMapper | Ekahau Looks like it may be similar to the Passmark tool. The version with all the goodies is quite pricey of course.
  2. S

My Modded SE3016 with Intel SAS Expander

Looks great! I have one that I was planning to do something similar with. How are the drive temperatures with the fan replacements? Any recommendations for a similar PSU model I could look for?
  3. S

question about 2-bay rear hdd kit option in Supermicro 846

I was in the same situation as you (E1-R900B chassis) and ended up buying the MCP-220-84606-0N as it looked like it would fit. It definitely does not fit. The chassis is made to fit a CD drive at the rear, and the dimensions for the slot are different. I thought about cutting the rear window up...
  4. S

Home Server Build - Drive not recognized

@K D I actually own a few of them as well, I have 3 of the 5 bay ones and one of the 3 bay ones. I think the one I had issues with was a slightly different model from the other two, not sure if it was older or newer though. The other two didn't get used as long as the one that had issues. On all...
  5. S

Home Server Build - Drive not recognized

It sounds like you may have, but did you try hooking up the drives directly and bypassing the Icy Dock? I used one of the 5x3.5" versions for about a year and a half, and it started to get flakey on two of the slots after some time. Drives would not show up, show up sporadically, etc, drop...
  6. S

X10SRL-F very slow initialization with IPMI/BMC enabled..

I just picked up the same board a couple weeks ago. IPMI init times seems to be about the same as on other Supermicro boards I have used. One thing to note is that it will boot much slower on a 'cold boot' - after power has been removed. If the system is turned off and the power cable/cables...
  7. S

WTB full height bracket for mellanox nic

I don't have one, but I needed a tall bracket for a Connectx2-EN card a couple weeks ago. I contacted Mellanox at one of their sales email addresses, just got it off this page I think: http://www.mellanox.com/page/contact They sent me one next day Fedex for free. Might be worth a try if you...
  8. S

Ubiquiti Controller VM - how much RAM is yours using?

I'm running it on Ubuntu server with 1G of ram. As a VM under Hyper-V. It has been up for 60 days, 6 AP's connected. mem used:423mb swap used: 198mb Haven't had any issues, seems to run fine. As PigLover said, it will probably just eat up whatever you give it.
  9. S

Supermicro SC826 power supply question

The 920p-SQ should be a direct swap for you. Your case has the PDB-PT825-8824 power distribution board. The -8824 one should be compatible with the 920p-SQ. I've just gone through a similar exercise with an 846 case which came with 900w screamers. There was a thread here that listed the...
  10. S

15m SFP+ HP Twinax DAC Active cable

I did some more testing and this cable does in fact work with the Connectx2-En cards. I have Mellanox branded cards and firmware. I was having a driver problem on Windows.
  11. S

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of that!
  12. S

I'm a bit new to the 10g world but I *think* this is a good deal for someone who has a need for such a cable. I haven't seen any other Twinax cables of this length for such a cheap price, especially branded ones. I ordered one and received it this week. The item I received was brand new, in an...
  13. S

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

Just wanted to say that I bought a few things from sfbayzfs and just received the package yesterday. Packed very nicely in a sturdy box and shipped up to Canada with no damage. Very helpful and friendly throughout the entire transaction and provided lots of extra information on the parts we were...
  14. S

Can a Win10 Home license from a compute stick be moved to other hardware?

My understanding is that post-anniversary update, if you log in with a Microsoft account, you are able to associate your license with that account. If you then log in with the same account on a new computer, it *may* be possible to re-activate on the new hardware. Phone activation may need to be...