Search results

1. X

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Is anyone running a VPN server on these, L2TP/IPsec? I've 1Gb fiber and am hoping for at least ~300 Mbit throughput. Ideally also USB3 NAS functionality, although reading through this thread it appears some of these models only have USB2.0.
  2. X

X10SDV-7TP4F and 960 EVO NVMe

It's a different issue though. The 960 drives will be detected sometimes by the OS, and you can even boot from it; but under some circumstances it's lost and never shows up again until you cut power to the machine. Shutdown or reboot alone doesn't help. Mostly this happens if the BIOS was opened...
  3. X

It seems to be a widely applicable problem, even with non-SuperMicro boards. And it actually surfaced for me a couple times without going to the BIOS first, so it's really unpredictable. I'm probably going to return the drive.
  4. X

Turns out this is a widespread issue: How to workaround Samsung 960 PRO/EVO/SM961/PM961 M.2 NVMe drive disappearance after Supermicro Xeon D SuperServer BIOS 1.1c change or other boot changes | TinkerTry IT @ Home At least that makes a fix via Firmware update more likely. When I rebooted with...
  5. X

Hi, I'm in the process of building a new system for a FreeNAS installation. The board is a X10SDV-7TP4F which has a m.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 slot. My plan is to add a SSD into there which will host a few VMs, and my choice was the Samsung 960 EVO NVMe. As of now I'm still in the process of setting the...