Canada - ebay global shipping.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
This has to be the worse service ever.

I ordered multiple items for my build. A few were shipped using FedEx and USPS, and the remainder using ebay global shipping.

All items shipped using fedex and usps have already arrived. Within a few days.

Ebay global shipping tracks to kentucky and then no further updates. They also have a huge estimated window of time to deliver.

Basicall their rates are rediculous, they are slow as hell (I guess because they ship twice) and I have no idea when the package is coming.

I will avoid in the future.

/end rant

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Yikes. That's no good, but I reckon it's due to their 'processing' and re-shipping like you said.

That's as bad as the ebay seller I ordered from in Canada blaming paypal and shipping website and him being 'busy' as to why it took 10 days to SHIP the item. We'll see if he actually sent it Express as he claimed!

crazyea

Apr 25, 2016
I made a purchase, I paid immediately afterword. The seller shipped next day.

Purchased April 26 from seller.
Global shipping received the item April 30.
May 3 I get an email saying Global shipping has the item and its on its way.
Delivery Estimate is May 13.

Crazy, and I blame myself because I haven't shopped at eBay in years and had no idea what I was doing.

TuxDude

Sep 17, 2011
I'm not a huge fan of the global shipping program - it does seem to add about a month of delay to get things up north of the border here. On the other hand its also the reason most of those auctions are even open to bid on from outside of the US - so sometimes you just have to sit back and relax and wait a while for something to arrive.

Reactions: badskater

badskater

Automation Architect
May 8, 2013
Canada
Personally, when i can use it, i do use it, due to the crazy duty prices FedEx/UPS charges, i don't mind waiting a bit more, but the GSP is far better on the prices than the others for duty fees.

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
I've had slow results as well. Fortunately I'm close enough to hop over the border. Ship to WA and get cheaper shipping and much faster delivery. If I go once every couple of weeks it doesn't chew up too much time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
I try and use USPS whenever I can. They hand over to Canada Post at the border and the item then gets sent through customs clearance. If there is duty to be paid, Canada Post take care of it and charges me a flat rate disbursement fee of $8 on top and if no customs duty is due, they just deliver the item. As an average, I would say 12 days from most US shippers to Manitoba.

Whenever I can't use USPS, I will use the ebay GSP. It takes about 5 days longer for the item to arrive, but the up side is that it's also usually cheaper. More so now that USPS have increased their rates. I have had a few near misses with the GSP, one item I had ordered disappeared completely off the radar for 2 weeks, only to pop up again and be delivered about a month late. I had one item delivered back to the seller for no apparent reason, but I would say that on the whole, the ebay GSP isn't all that bad.

One thing I do notice though, quite often their tracking info updates are usually a day behind the item, especially when customs clearance takes place or couriers as opposed to the postal services are involved.

Jerry Renwick

Aug 7, 2014
That's too bad, it really takes a long time for you to receive it. I think you must give your feedback to ebay and let them explain this.