SuperMicro 6016TT-IBQF - $399

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JayG30

Feb 23, 2015
I told him I wasn't interested. He sent me a request for $141 and I think he called me (was in shower). I assume to make up a total sale price of $254 + $141 = $395. Which isn't a bad deal. But not sure how I feel about that considering he isn't honoring the sale as listed and who knows what shenanigans he might be playing. It just makes me uneasy. Plus the only reason I purchased it was because of the price.

TType85

Dec 22, 2014
Garden Grove, CA
Darn. Wonder how long until I get one. I haven't gotten a cancelation yet. In fact my debit card was already charged and PayPal sent a receipt.

Scratch that he sent a private message and offered a discount like you. Not interest at all at those prices (can do much better).

However I've already been charged it seems sooooo. Sent a message asking how he plans to rectify the charges.
They already sent my refund, but the payment came from my paypal balance anyways.

CreoleLakerFan

Oct 29, 2013
48GB per host is very practical. It has 12 slots x 4GB DIMMS = 48GB.
The SuperMicro A1SAif, to which I was referring in the post you quoted, has 4 slots. 16GB SODIMMs are available from Intelligent Memory, but they are prohibitively expensive. It would run me $2,920 ($365 x 8) to upgrade the pair of SM A1SAif to 64GB each.

Impractical.

This is what led me to purchase the server in the thread you quoted. For less than half of what I would have spent to upgrade the A1SAif's to 64GB, I ended up with 16/32 Westmere cores and 192GB total RAM.

Practical.

Reactions: moto211

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
The seller is really good, I have bought much gear through him. I'd hate to pull one over on him so am glad that he is working to make things right.