Mellanox ConnectX-4 LX (Lenovo Branded), $20 Shipped. (Edit: Sold Out)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
They’re available from multiple sellers on EBay. I was in no hurry so ordered this one from China for $3.99 that looks like it will fit.

Tall full profile bracket for Mellanox cx4121a MCX4121A ACAT 25gbe EN | eBay
You Sir ... are exceptionally effective at prying money from my virtual pockets! Thanks once more.
(PS I had to pay for shipping to Canada on the NICs, but overall it was still OK. Given the fact I was spending time earlier in the day troubleshooting my CX2 .. the timing was perfect.)

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
Given the fact I was spending time earlier in the day troubleshooting my CX2 ..
If you don't mind my asking, are you planning to use these as drop in replacements for your CX2? If so, what are you using for cabling? I ask because the Cisco DACs that I'd used with my CX2 and CX3 didn't work with the CX4.

I found that the super cheap AOI transceivers I was using in my Solarflare cards DID work on the CX4s though, so I've ordered a pack of 20 more new in the tray for $20 (yeah, they are that cheap..$1 each). Mellanox DACs were going for about $15 each (lowest price I could find), and I already had some OM3 cables on hand, so I went with transceivers I knew would work.

Reactions: Samir

mervincm

Jun 18, 2014
The primary location I planned to use it is currently using a generic optical finstar sr transciever. I hoped to replace an older NIC in my trueNAS scale box that is currently using an intel 520 .. and that is using two DAC cables ... i am not sure what they are to be honest. I have no 25G switch, nor plans to purchase ... so I was hoping to reusage as much of my 10gbE gear as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Markess and Samir