I want one

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
Wow, Total: $2,638.04, it's way more than a bit pricey for me, :oops:

Reactions: Fritz

MountainBofh

Mar 9, 2024
The pricing just kills that sadly : ( But looks killer spec wise.

ETA: turns out that half the cost is just the CPU. So once again Intel is massively overcharging for anything with the "Xeon" name on it. I've always hated Intel's marketing for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: nexox and Fritz

nexox

May 3, 2023
I have wanted every one of Supermicro's fanless and/or Pico ITX boards/systems I have encountered over the years, but they're always far too expensive for my uses and they apparently never depreciate. "Fortunately" I discovered Advantech and now I have more fanless industrial systems than you can shake a stick at, even though they lack ECC, I can cope with that for a 90% discount.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
They've slightly cheaper models, but yeah, Xeon tax :-(
E302-9D | Mini 1U | SuperServers | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
SYS-E302-12D-4C | Compact | SuperServer | Products | Supermicro

SuperMicro also has much cheaper Atom fan-less systems, i.e.
E302-9A | Mini 1U | SuperServers | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.
with m.2 slot which can be used for 10Gbase-T or 1-2 x 2.5Gbase-T
I use an E302-9A as my pfSense box. Huge Spouse Approval Factor for 0 noise in our bedroom closet (where all the Internet and house Eth cables converge)

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
I recently bought a E50-9AP-N5 for $75 NIB. It's Atom based and has 5 network ports. It's also fanless. I'm using it as a OPNsense box and it works perfectly. Doesn't have IPMI, wish it did. But the price was outstanding compared to what they're selling for now.

Reactions: nexox

R3Z3N

Jan 29, 2024
Finding any of the 1600/1700 Xeon Ds are near impossible still....at least used. Even some of the stuff Supermicro announced isn't on their website anymore, me thinks during Covid that much got axed.