UK FS: Eaton 9135 6000VA UPS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

psc

Jun 30, 2019
I've got 3 of these (ish...) I need to sell:
- 1x with brand new CSB batteries [will be listing on the bay this week] £700
- 1x with used batteries (happy to fit new batteries at cost once we've agreed a sale) £350 SOLD
- 1x without the power module, so only useful for the network card or spares £100

I picked up all 3 recently from a reputable source, but I'd not realised they take a 32A feed until I picked them up - which was after I'd ordered one set of new batteries (doh!). All have network modules installed, pass self-test and show a really clean run history in their logs.

Collection from near Cambridge, or I can deliver locally (or meet part-way) at cost. They're heavy, so I've no idea how I'd package and ship them, but I'm open to ideas! Prices should be fair as-is, but happy to do a deal on the lot to get rid of them; drop me a PM. Happy to take cash, bank transfer, or paypal if you cover whatever their fees are these days.

Philip

Last edited:
Reactions: Samir and Aestr

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
Ish? :)

I’m intersted in the second line item.

FWIW, you can get adapters. I have a 32A PDU but picked up an adapter for it to pop into a UK mains outlet. For my application, it would barely see 10% of its rated load so would not be an issue from an electrical perspective.

Do you happen to also have an EBM for them?

Last edited:
Reactions: tinfoil3d and Samir

tinfoil3d

QSFP28
May 11, 2020
Japan
Aren't there two breakers in the UK wiring system, one in form of an actual fuse inside a plug, the other on the mains panel? It's a neat feature, it doesn't look nearly as tidy as US or even EU plugs but it probably saved a lot of lives in the past.
Why won't you just convert it from whatever plug you have there to ones available on your wall? Even if that's over the wiring gauge you have, breaker panel would protect you.
I do convert various NEMA and C20/C19 around all the time. I just make sure I have an actual breaker to take care of me if my wiring is thinner than appliance rating at any point.

Reactions: Samir

psc

Jun 30, 2019
Well, it's 2.5 really, isn't it!

I’m intersted in the second line item.
I'll drop you a PM.

Do you happen to also have an EBM for them?
I've no EBM, I'm afriad. You could take 2 and split loads between them ;)

Why won't you just convert it from whatever plug you have there to ones available on your wall? Even if that's over the wiring gauge you have, breaker panel would protect you.
The MCB on a UK mains ring is rated at 32A, with (each) cable rated for >20A (once you've accounted for insulation, grouping, etc), with the normal sockets supporting 13A fused loads (so 26A max on a double socket). Swapping to a 32A commando would get around the socket limitation, but the regs have special carve-outs to allow rings with "normal" UK sockets (to avoid making all existing houses non-compliant!) and the rings really aren't designed for a 32A point load. That might not be such an issue, given I'm not going to actually pull 32A at any forseeable time, but the back of our house isn't even wired in a 32A ring; it's a 16A radial. Don't ask me why...

Reactions: Samir

Railgun

Jul 28, 2018
Just to say the transaction for the above was great. Nice to met you @psc. Apologies for the slight confusion on my part, but happy it all worked out in the end.