QNAP TBS-h574TX Reivew E1.S and M.2 Thunderbolt 10GbE NAS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sean

Sep 26, 2013
CT
I know someone that wants a Thunderbolt-attached device that supports multiple M.2 drives. Can this be used like a DAS over the Thunderbolt port?

reasonsandreasons

May 16, 2022
If you need native Thunderbolt storage the OWC Express 4M2 might be a good option. I’d be interested to see if IP over Thunderbolt performs differently/better than PCIe over Thunderbolt, though, especially in the 20Gbps and up range. Might not be possible to test that with this hardware, though, and I imagine it varies a lot by OS.

Feb 26, 2024
Thanks for the review!
Are there by any chance additional performance benchmarks using the TB4 connection?
I believe QNAP on its website claims to go above a classic 10gbps link (1637 MB/s Write/1736 MB/s Read) - with the network over TB4 connection at 20gbps.
If one was able/closer to saturate a 20gbps link, that could probably be an argument in favor of this device beyond its potentially controversial specs/pricing.
Thanks!