2U Chassis - Less than 21" Depth - EATX(ish) - 2 Double Slot GPUS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

GaryMcD

Feb 10, 2024
I am looking for a server chassis that fits the following requirements. If you know of one please share!
  • 2U
  • Depth < 21"
  • Fit EATX.
    • Not technically EATX, but is this wonky fella: X99 Dual CPU which measures 11.06 x 11.61in. Annoyingly not ATX, SSI-CEB, or EATX.
    • I am willing to create my own mounting/stand off points as long as the chassis internal can fit the motherboard properly.
  • 2 Double Slot GPUs.
    • NVIDIA Tesla K80s specifically.
  • Don't need HDD space - plan on using just the M.2 slot.

maes

Nov 11, 2018
There's the Chenbro RM252 MIO, but the motherboard and GPUs would be front-facing. The problem is that 2U is too short to mount double slot GPUs 'stacked' and they have to be installed side-by-side, so that involves either a weird riser or some other custom cabling approach.

GaryMcD

Feb 10, 2024
There's the Chenbro RM252 MIO, but the motherboard and GPUs would be front-facing. The problem is that 2U is too short to mount double slot GPUs 'stacked' and they have to be installed side-by-side, so that involves either a weird riser or some other custom cabling approach.
That is an interesting option. I am confused by the slots above the I/O, is that for a GPU? How would it not interfere with the CPU cooler?

maes

Nov 11, 2018
That is an interesting option. I am confused by the slots above the I/O, is that for a GPU? How would it not interfere with the CPU cooler?
You would need an ultra-low-profile cooler or possibly some kind of waterblock/radiator combination.

nexox

May 3, 2023
The specs say specifically you need a motherboard and heatsink combo that fits 1U.