Inside the Secret Data Center at the Heart of the San Francisco 49ers Levis Stadium

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
Its a nice cozy datacenter, tho not quite edge in terms of tech. (not that it needs to be - t7610, and some boxes look like r720's)
Most of servers i see are dell's, but i think i've seen some oracle sun, and ibm's power system.
(They do need to run facial recognition, and comparison % wise - so they likely have some 3 letter agency hardware.)

They should invite defcon or someone to try to hack into their servers from their wifi "smart" light-bulbs.

ADFHogan

Nov 24, 2023
Australia
I thought the concept was cool, but felt that the same shots got reused repeatedly.. This was likely a restriction based on the amount of time they had in the venue, and what they were and weren't allowed to film, but it was still a little jarring.

Reactions: zunder1990

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
Its a nice cozy datacenter, tho not quite edge in terms of tech. (not that it needs to be - t7610, and some boxes look like r720's)
Most of servers i see are dell's, but i think i've seen some oracle sun, and ibm's power system.
(They do need to run facial recognition, and comparison % wise - so they likely have some 3 letter agency hardware.)

They should invite defcon or someone to try to hack into their servers from their wifi "smart" light-bulbs.
IF the government was tied into camera system I dont think they would anything but a router/switch and pipe back to a government owned datacenter. You can supply the realtime feed from many cameras on a single 100gb link.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
IF the government was tied into camera system I dont think they would anything but a router/switch and pipe back to a government owned datacenter. You can supply the realtime feed from many cameras on a single 100gb link.
They could, but the system is also used for commercial application like "famous people" look alike.
The system needs to be quite powerful that it tracks all people all the time (knowing where they are) over multiple sources. Thus i think a sole rack with some ai gpu servers, repeaters for camera uplink to do the trick, and a pillbox with snipers. I don't think they would want to give a chance to network uplink (i also doubt they'd have that kind of uplink).

zunder1990

Nov 15, 2012
(i also doubt they'd have that kind of uplink).
You dont think the site like that does have 100gb uplinks? This week I just installed 2x 100gb (part of a ring) to a apartment building in ATL. We have dark fiber to the building. The optics was less than $10K for both links and the switch is an airsta 100gb uplink switch for $2k.

CyklonDX

Nov 8, 2022
You dont think the site like that does have 100gb uplinks? This week I just installed 2x 100gb (part of a ring) to a apartment building in ATL. We have dark fiber to the building. The optics was less than $10K for both links and the switch is an airsta 100gb uplink switch for $2k.
Yeah, I don't think they have 100Gig there - at most they have 4x 10Gig fiber from different carriers - or forced to use one carrier due to some political agreements with comcast or something. After all stadium is in Santa Clara, CA.
I think they would run some cache servers instead to serve uplink data (internally they may be running multiple 100Gig links); and i'm not counting additional 3-5G spots that are turned on for the game that are up by mobile companies.

For 100Gig uplinks they would likely be located in Chattanooga TN (and even then realistically speaking you would want to have 2-3 vendors at 20-40Gig uplinks - and Chattanooga has fastest uplinks in whole states)

Last edited:
Reactions: mach3.2