Celestica Seastone DX010 32Port 100G QSFP28 $250

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
2019 date shouldn't have the Intel atom bug right?

These support rocev2?

pixelBit

Jul 16, 2019
2019 date shouldn't have the Intel atom bug right?

These support rocev2?
ServeTheHome - Inside a Celestica Seastone DX010 32x 100GbE Switch:
Second, the Atom C2000 bug can be catastrophic (we have encountered it multiple times at STH now, but still on under 10% of our population.) We would not pay $9000-10000 for a switch like this today with an Atom C2000. Luckily, these switches are usually in the $1000-1500 range. That puts them, on a price per Gbps basis, as a lower-cost option than even many used 40GbE switches and much lower than even low-end 1GbE/ 10GbE switches. The discounting is built-in for the C2000 bug as well as the fact you are going to need to install and use SONiC with these. Our best advice is to understand the AVR54 risk, and then if you do want to deploy this, at minimum use two for redundancy with a cold spare.
Great pictures in the article.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
By August 2017 Celestica was installing C0 stepping C2000 Atoms.

klui

Feb 3, 2019
There are 3 officially supported NOSes that I've had experience with:
  • Cumulus 3.x for Broadcom ASICs
  • ICOS from Broadcom
  • SONiC
With the exception of ICOS neither Cumulus nor SONiC supports the SFP port. I never tried to see if the port supports 25G.

As an aside, ICOS (with proper software support module) and Cumulus 3.x also supports the 40G D4040.

applepi

Jun 15, 2013
There are 3 officially supported NOSes that I've had experience with:
  • Cumulus 3.x for Broadcom ASICs
  • ICOS from Broadcom
  • SONiC
With the exception of ICOS neither Cumulus nor SONiC supports the SFP port. I never tried to see if the port supports 25G.

As an aside, ICOS (with proper software support module) and Cumulus 3.x also supports the 40G D4040.
I've used SONiC on these switches the ports work at 10/25/40/50/100 and can be broken out into 4x10 4x25 and 2x50 links per port. Just keep in mind all links on a broken out port need to be the same link speed.

rkroelin

Jan 1, 2022
I ordered one of these last week before they sold out - seller sent a note the day after and said he got busy and didn't have a chance to get it out, but it would ship the following day. Following day the label was created. Pinged him today and he got back very quickly saying they went out today, but he would check with the dock to make sure. Only posting since they were relisted again. I'll pipe up again once the package is in flight/arrives.

Reactions: jason879

Beaflag VonRathburg

Dec 13, 2018
I ordered one of these last week before they sold out - seller sent a note the day after and said he got busy and didn't have a chance to get it out, but it would ship the following day. Following day the label was created. Pinged him today and he got back very quickly saying they went out today, but he would check with the dock to make sure. Only posting since they were relisted again. I'll pipe up again once the package is in flight/arrives.
Honestly, the seller relisting the same quantity after selling all the original batch so quickly was a bit of a warning to me. I half typed a response wondering if anyone who had purchased from the original quantity had their order cancelled, but decided to wait. For everyone involved, I hope there's not any games being played here because things like this don't need to be a pain. Since relisting they've since been constantly messing with the pricing over the past two or three days during which time one unit has sold:

- Sold original 10x at $295 + $133 shipping
- Relisted at $495 + $133 shipping
- Lowered price to $400 + Free Shipping.
- Raised price to $425 + Free Shipping.
- Raised price, but started accepting offers $450 OBO + Free Shipping.
- Lowered price to $425 OBO + free shipping.
- Removed OBO $425 shipped.
- Raised price to $455.00 Shipped.
- Tacked shipping charges back on $455.00 + $82.05 Shipping

rkroelin

Jan 1, 2022
Honestly, the seller relisting the same quantity after selling all the original batch so quickly was a bit of a warning to me.
Yep exact same thought crossed my mind. That said, something did land in the hands of UPS this AM, so we’ll see what shows up at the door. The seller was also very responsive. Maybe they just have a pallet full of em

Reactions: Beaflag VonRathburg

Karpo

Mar 4, 2023
Mine is arriving via UPS today as well from original post, will let everyone know if package is as it should. I am assuming same that they have lot of stock and want to optimized their profit

Reactions: Beaflag VonRathburg

Karpo

Mar 4, 2023
Switch arrived. Looks ok, manufacturing date is 04/2018, should be safe, Came with power cables, ears, console cable and grounding that look unused. Will power it on later

Reactions: BackupProphet

Karpo

Mar 4, 2023
Just an update, powered switch and installed new Sonic image, lowered fans speeds a bit (still loud, need to put it on closet). Was able to get couple of 40G/100G connections successfully.

Should not contain Atom bug either:

admin@sonic:~$ setpci -s 00:00.0 8.b