[FS] [US-CA] Tyan s5642 3rd Gen Xeon Motherboard w/ 10gb; Xeon D-1500 (4, 8, and 12 core) motherboards; 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Trying to downsize! Located in the SF Bay Area. Accepting Venmo or Paypal (G&S) with free shipping to continental US.

PartPriceDescriptionCondition
Supermicro X10SDV-12C-TLN4F$700
  • Xeon D-1557 12 Core/24 Thread
  • Mini-ITX
Brand New in box
Asrock Rack D1521D4U-2L+$280
  • Xeon D-1521 4 Core/8 Thread
  • Micro-ATX
  • Very versatile board: 2 x m.2, 1x PCIe3.0x16, 1x PCIe3.0x8, 6 SATA, accepts RDIMMs
  • Doesn't have 10 GB ethernet, this could be an advantage (could use lower power SFP+ adapters) or disadvantage depending on your use case
Brand New in box
Asrock Rack D1541D4U-2L+$380
  • Xeon D-1541 8 Core/16 Thread
  • See above
Brand New in box
2 x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 M.2 NVME$120 each, $220 both
  • Brand new. Purchased from Dell.
  • Have two.
Brand new.
Tyan Tyan S5642AGM3NRE-2T 3rd gen Xeon Scalable motherboard 3rd gen Xeon Scalable motherboard$450
  • Pulled from a brand-new Tyan workstation, so it is in "new open box" (installed once) condition.
  • Will include I/O shield + 2 M.2 latches. If you want 2 Sata Cables I can throw these in too.
Open Box.

Last edited:

Wasmachineman_NL

Wittgenstein the Supercomputer FTW!
Aug 7, 2019
I’ve always dreamed of using it to its full potential by stuffing it with a million drives, but of course it just ends up with a single drive :)
Tossed the HDD cages out of mine quite early on when I got it in September 2016 as a entire computer.

Reactions: Samir

shadowplay0

Apr 13, 2023
Those two ASROCK boards say they support one 3.0x16 and one 3.0x8. If that's at all accurate, you're underselling them! I'm tempted, but I don't have a project anywhere near ready to proceed using them. Take a free bump instead!

Maybe if you still have them when I do decide to move on that sort of project I'll bite. Am Bay Area also so meeting locally would be an option

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Those two ASROCK boards say they support one 3.0x16 and one 3.0x8. If that's at all accurate, you're underselling them! I'm tempted, but I don't have a project anywhere near ready to proceed using them. Take a free bump instead!

Maybe if you still have them when I do decide to move on that sort of project I'll bite. Am Bay Area also so meeting locally would be an option
Ah yeah you’re right! I remembered the wrong spec from the 10gb version. I’ll check bifurcation settings tonight to see if it can be split. Would be cool to have 6x nvme without a PLX. Thanks for the heads up!

out of curiosity what would you use both slots for?

shadowplay0

Apr 13, 2023
out of curiosity what would you use both slots for?
Not sure what I would use them for, but having the option of going up to x16 for some network cards would be nice. AIUI 100Gbe cards can generally run at 40G speeds, which would give me more options. If the x8 slots support bifurcation, could use that to connect a 2x NVMe card for zippy redundant boot volumes?

My wallet is still crying over my just completed project revamping my gaming computer (even an open box 4090 is spendy) so this is all hypothetical :D

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Not sure what I would use them for, but having the option of going up to x16 for some network cards would be nice. AIUI 100Gbe cards can generally run at 40G speeds, which would give me more options. If the x8 slots support bifurcation, could use that to connect a 2x NVMe card for zippy redundant boot volumes?

My wallet is still crying over my just completed project revamping my gaming computer (even an open box 4090 is spendy) so this is all hypothetical :D
Congrats on the new system! And you're right I hadn't considered >10gb lan on these.

I just checked on bifurcation on the latest 1.40 BIOS: The x16 slot supports up to x4x4x4x4 bifurcation, but the x8 slot does not bifurcate. Also FYI The m.2 slots run on PCIe2.0x1, so they are essentially running at SATA speeds.

autoturk

Sep 1, 2022
Bump. Work is downsizing, so trying to downsize my garage myself to prep. Feel free to make an offer.