HGST SAS 6TB Internal 7200RPM 3.5" 12 GBPS $50 on Quantity 10

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Seller accepted my offer of $50 for a bulk offer of 10 hard drives.

Sounds like a great deal at 8.3$ per TB for used HE filled SAS drives. I am not sure if they are 12GBPS as advertised by the seller.

Edit: None of the drives I received worked, not sure what the problem is.

Last edited:

Mighty Man

Aug 9, 2019

Sounds like a great deal at 8.3$ per TB for an HE filled drives, used or not. I am not sure if they are 12GBPS as advertised by the seller.

They are SAS2 = 6/3/1.5 Gbps.

Falloutboy

Oct 23, 2011

Sounds like a great deal at 8.3$ per TB for used HE filled SAS drives. I am not sure if they are 12GBPS as advertised by the seller.
After my last run in with NETAPP gear I am a little cagey now, I previously brought 6 16Gb memory modules branded Netapp and while they work and have no errors they work differently from standard ECC ram in that they are from memory double write charge pumped which makes them run hot as hell. I would be a little concerned about purchasing these just on the basis if you pardon the pun I already feel like I have been burnt once, I hope they work out for you though.

I run 31 4Tb HGST drives and they are nice drives.

Reactions: Bert

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Ah well, it is almost getting sold out. 23 left. I am actually surprised with lack of interest in STH. Did we get to the saturation point with hard drives?

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I offered $50 each for 12 drives, seller counter twice $59 each.
$10 per TB for this deal.
I'll stick with my $80 8TB HGST sas drive.

I still have 12 x 8TB waiting to be deploy.

Marsh

May 12, 2013
I appreciate Bert posting this deal.

Now the deal is almost over. I don't want to derail this thread.

Here is a data point, it is different time.
Late last year, I got a lot of 12 x 6tb HGST SAS drives , at $7 per TB

For $10 per TB, I like to aim for 8TB SAS drives.

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
After my last run in with NETAPP gear I am a little cagey now, I previously brought 6 16Gb memory modules branded Netapp and while they work and have no errors they work differently from standard ECC ram in that they are from memory double write charge pumped which makes them run hot as hell. I would be a little concerned about purchasing these just on the basis if you pardon the pun I already feel like I have been burnt once, I hope they work out for you though.

I run 31 4Tb HGST drives and they are nice drives.
I was not expecting this to happen but none of the drives worked for me. Either drives have special firmware and/or they have 520bps format. Looks like this was not a good deal. Contacted with the seller, hopefully I can return them.