H700 Adapter SBR/SPD files

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Izrod

Feb 27, 2020
Hello,

I have a Dell R415 and planned to upgrade the H200 to an H700. This has nothing to do with going IR to IT mode. All questions here concern Dell IR firmware for H700 variants.

I purchased from ebay 2x H700s, apparently the Integrated version (no bracket) model: 0HCR2Y, and it worked fine upgrading an R515. For the R415, however, I had to transplant the bracket from the R415's H200 onto the H700. The card was detected in Windows but with firmware waaaaay too old. Latest I could download was 12.10.7-001_A13. However, it would not allow me to install it indicating it does not meet system requirements or something. I downloaded all versions of the firmware and tried all, same message. I then tried to do it under dos with Freedos, it indicated that it cannot detect any raid controllers.

So I went the megarec route. Freedos bootable drive, used BIOS mode, not UEFI, booted fine. Then I made a backup of the SBR/SPD files before I did anything:

Code:
megarec -readsbr 0 bkp.sbr
megarec -readspd 0 bkp.spd
followed by:
Code:
megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.sbr
megarec -cleanflash 0
It successfully wiped the card. Then I rebooted back to Freedos and did.
Code:
megarec -m0flash 0 FW4651A.rom
megarec -writesbr 0 bkp.sbr
megarec -writespd 0 bkp.spd
But when I reboot it is showing an en error message:
RAID adapter
Unrecoverable error!!!
Please check the SDRAM connection.
If problems persist contact Tech Support.
Press any key to continue.
"

I suspect it is because I restored the H700 Integrated SBR/SPD and I really should have flashed the SBR/SPD of an H700 Adapter, which, unfortunately, I do not have.

So, I have two questions:
Is there a procedure to flash a Dell H700 Adapter firmware onto a Dell H700 Integrated version?
Would a kind soul provide me with the SBR/SPD for an H700 Adapter version please?

From what I know, the H700 Integrated goes into a white storage slot and the Adapter version goes into the PCI-e slot.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
i don't know if your issue really is the mismatch of the SBR with the "adapter firmware"... but if that were the case, why not just flash the "integrated firmware" instead? it will then work in *both* integrated slots as well as normal PCIe slots. it's the "adapter" version that only works in regular PCIe slots but not integrated slots. that's what I would do at least...

Izrod

Feb 27, 2020
I'll give it a shot, I simply used the H700 Adapter firmware from the R415's driver's page.

Izrod

Feb 27, 2020
Yeah, that did not work, same error. I even tried using the LSI_PreBoot USB drive to recover the flash, and flash the LSI 9260 firmware, it said it completely successfully but did not work. Indicated something to the tune of: Firmware validation (or verification) failed. Card needs to be reflashed.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Yeah, that did not work, same error. I even tried using the LSI_PreBoot USB drive to recover the flash, and flash the LSI 9260 firmware, it said it completely successfully but did not work. Indicated something to the tune of: Firmware validation (or verification) failed. Card needs to be reflashed.
that usually means the checksum on the firmware failed, not a mismatch of SBR and firmware. it could be possible your flash chip isn't working 100% if re-flashing doesn't fix it. or, perhaps you didn't erase the flash and there's some "junk" left over.. idk...

MxFogomata01

Oct 20, 2023
Good morning, everyone! How are you?
I'm having a problem, I tried to do a procedure on my PERC h700 card and I think I accidentally erased its bios, can anyone tell me if there is a Software that regenerates its Bios?