Number of Non-Medium errors?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

azev

Jan 18, 2013
I got similar non-medium error on my sandisk ascend ssd and I notice the error will go up every time you try query smart data.
Did a lot of research regarding this, however unfortunately it lead to nowhere. As of now I just completely ignored it as long as it does not impact my data integrity and performance.

Albert Yang

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the reply, im also going crazy because not sure if i should pay attention or not, my question what do you mean integrity, so far the information is fine nothing odd has happened. I was reading on the forums of the freeNAS that the disk might die but so odd its new and its a sas disk and 5 out of the 6 i bought got this error

azev

Jan 18, 2013
What I mean by data integrity is just that my data is completely accessible even after a few years.
I've also associate the error with a specific drive models and smartctl. I have 12 of the ascend drive and they all consistently have the same issue.
Everytime I query smart data using the smartctl commands it always increase the non medium error by 1.

Albert Yang

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the reply, well if thats the case i guess everything is fine so far no error on the scrub nor in the pool i guess i have to wait and see