Anyone dealing with Dbuffed?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

grandmasterneil

Jan 21, 2014
I've been trying to purchase hard drives from @Dbuffed since early November. I've tried getting tracking info numerous times but now it seems I'm being ducked - haven't heard from him since Wednesday where he said I'd have the drives delivered before 3pm that day. Tried to follow up when the drives didn't show and tried following up yesterday to no avail.

I see that he's been on the forums as recently as last night so I just want anyone who has an active deal going on to proceed with caution.

I'm in the process of trying to get my money back. Stay safe.

Reactions: Samir and itronin

grandmasterneil

Jan 21, 2014
I appreciate the bump! Paid PayPal through my CC and not goods or gift so there's at least a modicum of recourse. I'd rather have the deal go through but that's not how things go sometimes.

Reactions: Samir and itronin

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've been working with him to get the 'free for shipping' switch that he had posted. I've sent him a prepaid UPS label for it after I got the dimensions and weight from him. It seems he is extremely busy but is genuinely trying to get stuff out as he has replied to my inquiries after a few days. That being said, I just checked and I sent him the UPS label almost a month ago now.

Reactions: itronin

dassiq

Jul 10, 2017
I sent him a hefty payment (PP goods and services) today , my last correspondence with him was on Monday (Dec 09)

Reactions: Samir

Kirill Lebedev

Jun 12, 2017
San Francisco
Same for me. It was a ridiculous process and I finally get money back from the transaction. Total scam. And he wanted to avoid PayPal by any means. Please, be aware. With the rate of the problem, I would recommend for people with money sent to file a police report.

Reactions: Samir

dassiq

Jul 10, 2017
I got the paypal refund on Dec 26th.
Keep in mind he refunded the same day ( Dec 13) I opened the case , but via paypal echeck . That paypal echeck got bounced from his bank account due to NSF. I am not sure if the paypal covered this from their own pocket or they eventually got it from him.

In my opinion this guy is a Fraud and should be banned.

This was my 2nd straight paypal refund case as a buyer at STH FS forums, maybe my bad luck.
I had much better luck at 2cpu, hardforum , anandtech and RFD :) and somebody needs to really moderate the FS forums here and make sure traders are following the rules.

Following new rules should be added for sellers :

-All sellers should have a link to a genuine feedback portal (heatware, ebay etc.) with genuine feedback, no feed back no FS thread , unless approved by a moderator.
-All items listed for FS should have a pic, preferably with their forum nickname/avatar etc. Exception could be made for established sellers with feedback.
- New sellers with no feedback should not be allowed to to accept payment methods that offer no recourse for the buyer. i.e. paypal ( friends , familly) , BTC, etc.

Reactions: msvirtualguy

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
I got the paypal refund on Dec 26th.
Keep in mind he refunded the same day ( Dec 13) I opened the case , but via paypal echeck . That paypal echeck got bounced from his bank account due to NSF. I am not sure if the paypal covered this from their own pocket or they eventually got it from him.

In my opinion this guy is a Fraud and should be banned.

This was my 2nd straight paypal refund case as a buyer at STH FS forums, maybe my bad luck.
I had much better luck at 2cpu, hardforum , anandtech and RFD :) and somebody needs to really moderate the FS forums here and make sure traders are following the rules.

Following new rules should be added for sellers :

-All sellers should have a link to a genuine feedback portal (heatware, ebay etc.) with genuine feedback, no feed back no FS thread , unless approved by a moderator.
-All items listed for FS should have a pic, preferably with their forum nickname/avatar etc. Exception could be made for established sellers with feedback.
- New sellers with no feedback should not be allowed to to accept payment methods that offer no recourse for the buyer. i.e. paypal ( friends , familly) , BTC, etc.
That wont work. I would not waste my time on this guy as its his job. He probably has new accounts among us that are already gathering trust, posting and selling small stuff to get some feedback just so he can scam you next christmas. Could be Joshua but i doubt it since Joshua has a hard time not acting like an impulsive child.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Every time I see something like this happening here, as well as being disheartened, I keep thinking that a reputable Escrow company should be mandatory for everyone's safety, especially true as the transaction increases in value. If anyone doesn't want to either sell as a cash on collection or use the site's official Escrow service, then there's always other sites you can sell on, and you take your chances with it in full knowledge of what that entails.

Just my 2c