Legit P3700?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Johannes

Jun 12, 2019
Greetings everyone! I am in the process of building an ESXi/FreeNAS server for my home network. In addition to serving media, its also serving as a learning project for me. In my research on this setup, I've read that it is advisable to install a SLOG as a safeguard for PLP and general data reliability.

Looking at options based on this STH article, I came upon some Amazon and Ebay listings for an NVMe Intel DC P3700 400GB in the $115-125 range, which is several hundred less than in the article ($300-500). Based on the price range of other listings, I wonder if this is too good to be true? The Ark record shows a drive that looks physically much different than what is pictured. The model number (SSDPE2MD400G4E) also appears to be slightly different than the model number of the dark cased 3700 drives (SSDPE2MD400G401).

My question is, does this appear to be a legit P3700 drive, perhaps from an OEM? Have prices just have fallen for these devices since the article was released and I'm being overly cautious? Any advice would be appreciated!

Johannes

Jun 12, 2019
Thank you both for indulging my paranoia! I'll be picking one up.

This forum/site is a great resource, thanks for the help.