Dell T430 Motherboard and Corsair power supply

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

vegeta

Aug 22, 2017
I bought a new Dell T430 motherboard for $200. It was the cheapest option I found in Europe for a dual 2011-3 solution.

I have a Corsair power supply, but I couldn't connect it, because it has 2x10 pins instead of 2x9.

It does fit like this:

I am wondering if I should return it to the seller as he seems a nice guy or try to turn it out and see if it explodes.

vegeta

Aug 22, 2017
Yeah, people warned me: DO NOT PUSH THAT BUTTON.

But I'm starting to think a return would be the best. Dell hardware can only cause pain as opposed to e.g. Supermicro. Especially for homelabbers on a budget.

I just experienced ILO on my €200 HP MicroServer Gen 8. It's amazing compared to Dell's €350 iDrac Enterprise upgrade.

pgh5278

Oct 25, 2012
Australia
I bought a new Dell T430 motherboard for $200. It was the cheapest option I found in Europe for a dual 2011-3 solution.

I have a Corsair power supply, but I couldn't connect it, because it has 2x10 pins instead of 2x9.
I am wondering if I should return it to the seller as he seems a nice guy or try to turn it out and see if it explodes.
I had looked at Dell T workstations, and it was cheap to buy their their power supply, distributor and cables on EBAY, however the the T series server, are not so easy to buy those parts, and what is available it much more expensive.. Now if the T series workstation parts fit and work, that solution is affordable..??